|Academic Records and Registration
|To request copies of a student academic record or for registration questions, contact OSA or Natalie Summerville.
|OSA Faculty are available for student advising. Please contact them directly via email to arrange a meeting.
Kerri Thom - General Advising
John Allen - General Advising
Marissa Flaherty - General Advising
Elizabeth Lamos - General Advising
Kristen Reavis - Director for Student Diversity and Inclusion
|Approval of Forms
|Approval or a signature needed - send to OSA.
|BLS & ACLS Certifications
Fill out our student conference reimbursement request form. Additional information, contact OSA.
Follow these instructions for reimbursement requests:
- If you are presenting research at the conference, please ask the Office of Student Research about funding. If they are unable to help, OSA will work on assisting you.
- We please ask that you fill out and submit the form at least two weeks prior to traveling. It is much more difficult to get approval if the form is submitted after traveling to the conference.
- After submitting the form, OSA will approve or deny the request. Please allow up to 10 days for a response from OSA regarding your request.
- OSA's current policy is to help students by covering 50% of conference related expenses up to a $500 expense maximum, thus resulting in a $250 maximum reimbursement. Please submit any and all details about your expenses in the comment box on the form.
- If additional funding for travel is coming from other sources (i.e. student interest groups), please include that information in the comment box.
- If a student interest group is paying for conference-related travel expenses and the student is also requesting a conference reimbursement through OSA, that payment amount will be deducted from the total. Failure to disclose that a student group is paying for the conference reimbursement at the time of reimbursement submittal will be viewed as an ethics violation and fraudulent behavior.
- Please attach and submit all original receipts to OSA through the form. If you do not have a receipt yet, please attach planned out already foreseen expenses.
- Please verify the conference you are attending does not interfere with your current class/rotation/exam/etc. schedule.
|Criminal Background Checks
Should a visiting institution require you receive a background check follow the steps below. Information obtained from Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
Individual State Background Check (For example; Visas, Gold Seal letters, and Individual Reviews):
If you live in Maryland:
If you live outside of Maryland:
- You may go to any authorized location that provides fingerprinting services.
- You may go to your local law enforcement agency to be fingerprinted on the state fingerprint card known as Form 015.
- Once you've been fingerprinted, you may overnight it to CJIS-Central Repository located at 6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 102, Baltimore Maryland 21215, or mail it to CJIS-CR P.O. Box 32708, Pikesville, Maryland, 21282-2708. (see Associated Fees).
- If you are requesting a copy of your FBI criminal history record you must send your request directly to the FBI.
- You may write CJIS-Central Repository P.O. Box 32708, Pikesville, Maryland 21282-2708, or call the Central Repository in Baltimore City at 410-764-4501 or toll-free number 1-888-795-0011 to request a fingerprint card.
- You may mail the fingerprint card and associated fee to CJIS-Central Repository P.O. Box 32708 Pikesville Maryland 21282-2708, or overnight the fingerprint card to 6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 102, Baltimore Maryland 21215.
- Include a check or money order made out to "CJIS Central Repository". See the schedule of Associated Fees.
- You may expect a response in 10 - 15 business days.
|ERAS and Residency Planning
|Questions about ERAS or Residency Planning, visit Residency Application Manual. Additional questions, contact OSA.
|EPIC access (3rd & 4th years only)
- Should you have any issues or questions in regards to your account, please contact the EPIC helpdesk: 410-328-4357 first. They will troubleshoot and be able to assist you best. If they mention needing to contact your manager about anything, than send a note to OSA
- You must sign in at least 1x every 30 days or you will be locked out
- Should your account expire, please email OSA and we will assist you
- Should your account be locked, please email OSA and we will assist you
|Please visit the events page for information about: AOA Banquet, Graduation, Student Clinician Ceremony, Match Day, etc. Additional questions, contact Kristen McCartin or OSA.
|In order to complete the FERPA authorization form, students must sign into Medscope and click the link on the top right hand corner to sign off on FERPA.
|Good Guy Letter
|Please email OSA if you need to request a good guy letter for an elective or application.
|Hospital ID Badge
|If your hospital ID has lost access, print and fill out the UMMC badge form then scan to OSA or bring in person for processing.
|Visit our Global Health page to learn more about UMSOM international electives. If you have additional questions, please reach out to OSA.
|Receipt of jury summons - scan your summons ASAP to OSA. OSA will draft a reschedule request. This does not guarantee you will be rescheduled from jury duty.
|Lactation Room Access in Hospital
|Request access via LactationSupport@umm.edu or Cholden@umm.edu. Provide full name and the 6-7 digit number located in the lower corner of the UMMC ID.
|Leave of Absence
|Refer to Leave of Absence Checklist.
|Letters of Good Standing
|Email OSA for a letter of good standing.
|Mask Fit Testing
OSA will hold Mask Fit Testing sessions annually. You will be notified when these sessions will take place.
All students must complete annual fit testing for respiratory PPE in accordance with OSHA guidance. Failure to do so, may result in inability to participate clinically/complete rotations.
Forms and Instructions
Graduates of SOM often need certification of their MD degree in order to apply for a license, to acquire hospital privileges, or for other purposes.
ONLY State Board forms for medical education will be verified by OSA.
All other inquiries, use the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) - Degree Verify. We are listed under University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- The employer is charged a minimal fee for the NSC service.
- State or federation verification forms are not processed through Degree Verify. Send State Board forms to:
- Forms are returned directly to the Board. Submit any pertinent information on a separate sheet of paper. There is no fee.
- Some agencies will want a copy of your Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE). MSPEs cannot be provided to the student/grad. MSPEs are identical to the one initially sent to your residency programs as a senior student with two modifications: The date of graduation is added, and courses for which grades were not available at the time of initial submission are added. Requests can be submitted to OSA.
- Official transcripts are requested through SURFS website at no charge. For transcript and enrollment verification requests visit Forms and Services.
- New graduates, should you need a new diploma, contact the university registrar at 410-706-7480 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost for issuing a duplicate diploma is $55 via check or money order only. Office of Registrar
- If alumni require degree verification for their own personal business, contact the university registrar 410-706-7480.
|Bring in all forms to OSA for reimbursement.
|Technical questions pertaining to Medscope, contact Medscope.
|MSPE (Dean's Letter)
If you need a copy of your MSPE sent somewhere, please reach out to OSA. Per our policy, we do not share MSPE's with students/alumni directly.
For alumni, we utilize the MIDUS system in ERAS and you can submit your MSPE requests to OSA there.
|Name Change Request
If you need to make changes, updates, or corrections to your name, please follow the below steps.
- You will have to first submit your change to the registrars office, please do so by visiting their Forms and Services page. Please also read through the "UMB Policy on Preferred Name" and "Preferred Name FAQ" drop down options under the Forms and Services tab.
- Also, the "Graduation" tab on the Registrar's site has information on your diploma name.
- You will have to then notify MedScope of this approved change, please email MedScope@som.umaryland.edu with the needed changes.
- In order to change your email, you will have to reach out to the SOM Helpdesk (email@example.com) to submit a request.
- You will have to update your campus One Card, please reach out to their office to schedule this change.
- After receiving a new One Card, please let OSA and Donna Reynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org) know, in order to authorize building access’.
Additionally, on MedScope, students can at any time change/update their profile with "I Like to be Called" and Pronouns on their own.
4th year medical students complete Parking Application
3rd year medical students complete Parking Application
|Professional Liability Insurance
|Current insurance carrier: Maryland Medicine Comprehensive Insurance Program
Address: 250 W. Pratt Street, Suite 1200, Baltimore, MD 21201
Policy number: self-insured trust
Period of coverage: July 1 – June 30 (renews annually unchanged)
Limits of coverage: $1,000,000 per claim/$3,000,000 annual aggregate
Type of coverage: claims made with tail
|Interested in shadowing or volunteering at University of Maryland Medical Center? Contact volunteer services.
|Student ID Badge
If you have lost or need a new OneCard/Student ID badge, please follow the below steps:
- Visit the One Card Office and they will help get you set up with a new badge.
- Once you have your new badge, please reach out to Donna Reynolds in OME to add building access' for your new card.
- Then, please stop by OSA to update your badge for swiping in purposes.
If you have any questions, please reach out to OSA.
|Room reservation: email@example.com.
|The Office of the Registrar processes official transcripts. Current students may pull unofficial transcripts from SURFS.
|Bring USMLE form, with photo attached, to OSA for processing.
|VA Educational Benefits
|Review VA Benefits, complete the VA Declaration of Intent and return to OSA with supporting documentation.