Things to consider when planning an international elective:
- International Electives may be taken in the Advanced Clinical Phase. When scheduling, students should consider the residency application requirements/timeline and specific graduation requirements. An OSA Dean can assist in identifying an ideal month for an international elective.
- Read over the 4th year section of the Academic Handbook prior to considering an international elective.
- Visit the UMB Global Hub International Travel page to initiate the UMB Student International Travel Request Process with the Center for Global Engagement. The Global Hub is a one-stop shop for personalized support with all international activities and engagement by UMB personnel and units. They will help you go over and complete any necessary steps or forms that are required to process your international elective registration.
UMSOM Off-Campus Elective Form
- Please visit the Student Scheduling page to find the off-campus elective form to be completed and submitted.
SOM/OSA Required Forms
Please complete the above forms and return them to OSA (email@example.com) at least four weeks prior to your departure.
Other Pre-travel Requirements
- U.S. citizens traveling or living overseas are encouraged to register with the U.S. Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
- Non-U.S. citizens should register with their country’s embassy in the destination country or countries.
- Any international student - if you have any questions about traveling or visas, please contact the Office of International Services.