Master of Public Health (MPH)
Working Together to Change the World of Public Health
The Master of Public Health (MPH) Program is a professional degree program that is administratively based in the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health within the School of Medicine at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB). Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), our 42 credit hour program has three concentrations: Community & Population Health, Epidemiology, and Global Health.
Building upon the rich history and tradition of excellence of the School of Medicine as well as the dynamic academic community, the MPH Program is vibrant and growing. The MPH Program enjoys a strong research environment with outstanding university resources. Being part of a unique campus environment has made it possible for broad-based interdisciplinary scholarship, research, practice, leadership, and policy. In addition to our MPH degree, we offer joint degree and accelerated MPH programs.
Tell us your area(s) of interest by completing our MPH Program Inquiry Form and a representative from our program will contact you by email.
MPH Informational Webinar
The MPH Program will host free webinar sessions for prospective students of public health. These free webinar sessions are for individuals that are interested in the Master of Public Health Program at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. During each session, program faculty and staff will share details about the CEPH accredited program and prospective students will have an opportunity to ask questions.
If you wish to participate in a session, email the program and request the webinar link along with the session date that you wish to attend. Once we receive your request, we will send you the webinar link to confirm your attendance.
Upcoming Webinar Dates and Times
** All sessions are scheduled from 1 pm to 2 pm
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- Thursday, November 12, 2020
- Thursday, January 7, 2021
- Friday, February 26, 2021
- Monday, March 10, 2021
- Friday, March 23, 2021
- Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) through 2021
- 42-credit hour professional degree program
- Interdisciplinary student body (~40% joint degree students , ~60% MPH students)
- Full-time and part-time options
- Three concentrations: Community & Population Health, Epidemiology and Global Health
- Over 50 students currently enrolled
- Low student to faculty ratio