Department Of Anesthesiology
The Department ranked 6th amongst all anesthesiology departments for NIH funding - Department of Anesthesiology Participates in Historic Xenotransplant-1-10-2022 - Congratulations to Dr. Fiskum awarded The 2022 Colin Mackenzie & Cristina Imle Mentoring Prize - Congratulations to Dr. Kahntroff on being named "Top Doctors” - The 2023 Mackenzie/Imle Mentoring Prize to Dr. Kodali, MBBS, MD.
Residency Program Information
- 36,827 anesthetics performed in FY23
- The Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) awarded the UMMC ECMO team with The Gold Level Award for Excellence in Life Support.
- UMMC performed a total of 302 liver, pancreas and kidney transplants in FY23
- $11.12 million in grant funding
- Ranked 6th for NIH funding by the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research
- 104 Faculty members
- 9 Interns
- 48 Residents
- 8 Clinical fellows
- 61 CRNAs
- 12 Post-doc research fellows