Department of Dermatology
The University of Maryland School of Medicine Department of Dermatology is dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients afflicted with skin disease through state-of-the-art patient care, education and research.
Our clinicians/researchers treat patients with a wide range of skin disorders and cancerous lesions, train the next generation of dermatologists and conduct cutting-edge science to broaden our understanding of skin disorders and improve treatment options.
Through a concerted combination of individualized patient care, enhanced educational opportunities and state-of-the-art laboratory research, the department is committed to contributing to the advancement of the field clinically, academically and scientifically.
Activities of the department include:
- Medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology services
- Specialized Mohs surgery service offered both downtown and at Columbia locations
- Clinical trials for new treatment regimens
- Patch testing services for allergic contact dermatitis
- Innovative UV treatment/phototherapy services for common dermatologic skin disorders such as atopic dermatitis, vitiligo, and psorasis
- Participation in research aimed at improving treatments and outcomes for dermatologic skin disease
The Department of Dermatology treats a growing volume of patients, offers a highly-competitive residency program for aspiring dermatologists, and has seen significant increases in federally-funded research initiatives.