Please select a publication or simply scroll down the page.
SOMnews & The Buzz
SOMnews, the official newsletter of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, features stories about the outstanding achievements of School of Medicine faculty in the clinical, education and research arenas.
Part of SOMnews, The Buzz is a self reported publication highlighting important grants and contracts, journal publications and awards by our faculty.
Delivered by hard copy and email, The Buzz features "What's on My Mind," a monthly message from Dean Reece.
Have some buzzworthy news to share? Let us know!
State of the School
The State of the School of Medicine address is delivered annually by Dean Reece to highlight the institutions goals and accomplishments. The State of the School of Medicine includes important facts about the budget, the curriculum, research funding and philanthropy, milestones in clinical care the year's achievements by faculty, staff and students.
- 2020 - Special Edition of Maryland Medicine Front Line News: 2020 State of the School
- 2019 - Visionary Vanguards: Transforming Our Culture While Shaping the Future
- 2018 - From Ground Breaking To Record-Breaking
- 2017 - Transforming the Trajectory of Medicine: A Review of the Centuries
- 2015 - Undaunted in Purpose, Resilient in Execution
- 2014 - From Vision to Venture
- 2013 - Purposeful Actions, Promising Results: Relentlessly Advancing
- 2012 - Forging Ahead: Defining New Pathways in Challenging Times
- 2011 - Leading Innovation and Discovery: Changing Lives WorldWide
- 2010 - Working Together Bringing Out the Best
- 2009 - Navigating and Prevailing Through Challenging Times
- 2008 - Moving Higher and Higher: Creating Building Blocks for the Future
The annual report is a joint effort of the University of Maryland School of Medicine and the University of Maryland Medical System. The report highlights innovations in research, patient care and medical education, and the people behind those advances.
- 2018 - Annual Report
- 2017 - Annual Report
- 2016 - Annual Report
- 2015 - Annual Report
- 2014 - Annual Report
- 2013 - Annual Report
- 2012 - Annual Report
- 2011 - Annual Report
- 2010 - Annual Report
- 2009 - Annual Report
Just the Facts
How many students attend the School of Medicine?
What are the average GPA and MCAT scores?
What is the School of Medicine's national ranking for total research grants and contracts and how many patients do faculty physicians treat?
The answer to these and many more questions can be found at a glance in Just the Facts.
Just the Facts is an annual publication of bottom line information at your fingertips.
University of Maryland Medicine Bulletin
The University of Maryland Medicine Bulletin, America's oldest medical alumni magazine, is jointly sponsored by the Medical Alumni Association, and the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Visit the Maryland Alumni Association Website
Centuries of Leadership profiles the deans of the School of Medicine, beginning with its founding dean John Beale Davidge, who is pictured on the cover.
The Admissions Brochure provides information about the application process, the selection criteria, and the curriculum.
You will also find faculty and student profiles and learn more about our commitment to research, patient care and community outreach.
And you will discover that Baltimore, Maryland is a great place to live and learn.