All systems are normal.
2018/03/20 - Important Information: Adobe Acrobat
Attention all Adobe Acrobat users: (Adobe Reader, the free program that allows you to view pdf’s and complete forms is not affected.)
Our licensed version of Adobe Acrobat is no longer supported, has critical vulnerabilities and must be removed from all computers. Foxit PhamtomPDF Business, has been selected to replace Adobe Acrobat and will be available to all users starting on 3/20 in the Application Launcher/ZENworks. A pilot of Foxit PhantomPDF Business was very successful and feedback has been positive. I believe the product will meet the needs of the majority based on the pilot where it was tested with grants.gov, Office 2016 and COEUS. The following links will help you get started with the product.
- A link to the user manual can be found here. http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/manual/phantom/en_us/FoxitPhantomPDF9.0.1_Manual.pdf
- A link to the instructional videos can be found here https://www.foxitsoftware.com/support/tutorial/
- Choose the “Help" tab within the product for more assistance
Starting 4/22 Adobe Acrobat will be removed from all computers.
If you have any questions or concerns please speak with your administrator and/or enter a ticket.
2018/03/13 - Dragon Medical One Go-Live 3/13@7 a.m.
The Dragon Medical One integration into EPIC is set to be launched on Tuesday 3/13 at 7 a.m. At that point all current Dragon Medical One users will have the locally installed client made unavailable and the client that is integrated into EPIC, which will allow for direct input into EPIC, will be made available.
The supported microphone for this application is the Phillips Speechmike, old dictation microphones may work, but are not supported. If you do not have a microphone and would like one, please contact your division administrator.
The UMMS team has put together a great resource for information, training, tips and tricks, using your smart phone as a microphone, and information on Dragon Super Users here.
To access Dragon within EPIC, click the “Dragon Start” button as detailed in the below screenshot.
If you have any questions or issues while using the Dragon integration into EPIC, please refer to your department’s Super User or submit a Help Desk ticket to our Service Desk at https://servicedesk.medicine.umaryland.edu
2018/02/23 - SOM VPN Authentication Changes
Compromised work credentials put SOM information systems at significant risk. Based on recommendations by the FBI as well as nationally recognized industry groups, the Healthcare community is quickly adopting more secure authentication controls. To this effect, SOM will begin requiring Multi-Factor (sometimes referred to as two-step) authentication when accessing SOM VPN services. SOM’s Multi-Factor solution is called Duo. Duo allows you to provide quick and easy authentication verification through the use of either a mobile app installed on your smartphone, entering a verification code sent via text messaging, or via acknowledgment over a land line. More information on Duo can be found here… https://guide.duo.com/
The SOM VPN will be protected with the Duo-Multi-Factor requirement beginning on Monday March 5th. To ensure that your access to the SOM VPN is un-interrupted, we encourage everyone to enroll in the Duo system before this date. To enroll in Duo, please visit the Duo enrollment page at the link below and follow the Self-Service enrollment section.
If you do not have a smartphone (or do not want to use your smartphone) you may setup a phone number to use for access verification, however, please consider where you will be accessing the SOM VPN when determining what phone number to enroll. It is also optional, but recommended, to setup more than one verification method in case the primary method is unavailable.
Once enrolled, you can start using the new multi-factor authentication immediately by choosing the SOM-MultiFactor group when connecting with the Cisco AnyConnect client (See image below). You will notice an additional field for “Duo Passcode”. In this field you can enter either of the following options…
- On your smartphone or tablet, press the button next to University of Maryland, Baltimore profile in the Duo Mobile App to display a 6-digit code. Enter this code into Duo Passcode field and then click OK.
- Type “push” – After you click OK, this will send an authentication verification prompt to your Duo Mobile App on your enrolled smartphone or tablet. Select “Approve” on your Duo Mobile App.
- Type “sms” – After you click OK, you will receive a SMS message on the enrolled device with a Duo passcode. Enter this passcode into the “Duo Passcode” filed and then click OK.
- Type “phone” – After you click OK, you will receive a phone call at the enrolled phone #. Follow the prompt to verify the authentication.
To view archived headlines, click here.