There is substantive work already being done as part of the CTI that focuses on specific policies that address professional behavior in the workplace.
- We are in the final stages of two key policies designed to define and address standards for professional behaviors across the UMB campus.
- The first will make clear that consensual sexual relationships between faculty and students or trainees, or between supervisors and subordinates, are not appropriate and are not permitted.
- The second will define unprofessional faculty and physician faculty behaviors, and outline in a stepwise fashion how these behaviors will be addressed. The goal of each of these policies is to provide guidelines for a safe, respectful, professional environment for work and study.
- A new website will provide continuously updated information, including feedback channels and links to relevant information. www.medschool.umaryland.edu/CTI
- The UMSOM will provide regular updates on CTI progress
- Monthly features in SOMnews
- A shorthand tag #TransformMed will be used across communications platforms to identify content related to the initiative.