Thank you for your interest in our training programs. Each of our training programs are led by our outstanding faculty. The department has 23 radiation oncologists, 31 PhD level physicists, and 15 PhD level radiobiologists. We expect and require the highest levels of personal commitment, integrity, professionalism, compassion, and patient care in our department from every member of the staff, including trainees. We are proud of our long tradition of excellence, and are pleased you have expressed interest in one of our training programs.
The University of Maryland Department of Radiation Oncology offers the following training opportunities:
- ACGME-Accredited Residency Training Program
- CAMPEP-Accredited Medical Physics Residency Training Program
- JRCERT-Accredited School of Medical Dosimetry
- JRCERT-Accredited Radiation Therapy Training Program
- Graduate Medical Physics Certificate Program
We also have several faculty members who teach, as well as some earning non-medical degrees who offer cutting-edge research training in basic biomedical, clinical, and population sciences.