Thank you for your interest in our training programs. Each of our training programs are led by our outstanding faculty. The department has nineteen radiation oncologists, twenty-three Ph.D. level physicists, and twelve Ph.D. level radiobiologists. We expect and require the highest levels of personal commitment, integrity, professionalism, compassion, and patient care in our department from every member of the staff, including trainees. We are proud of our long tradition of excellence, and are pleased you have expressed interest in one of our training programs.
The University of Maryland Department of Radiation Oncology offers the following training opportunities:
- ACGME Accredited Residency Training Program
- CAMPEP Accredited Medical Physics Residency Training Program
- JRCERT Accredited School of Medical Dosimetry
- JRCERT Accredited Radiation Therapy Training Program
- Graduate Medical Physics Certificate Program
We also have several faculty members who teach, and those earning non-medical degrees offer cutting edge research training in basic biomedical, clinical and population sciences.