Process for Faculty Equity Increase Requests
Faculty equity requests are for faculty whose salary is below standards for their rank, title and experience in comparison to their peers in the same department and discipline. All equity increases above the current Total Approved Salary must be approved by the Dean; as well as the President of the University. For salary increases within Total Approved Salary, the same process is followed but only Dean approval (not President) is required.
Please note that it can take some time to obtain approval(s). You will be informed as soon as it is approved.
Department emails the following documents to the Office of Academic Administration (OAA) to Lisa Kummer, copy David Ingle)*:
- Chair letter that should include the following:
- AAMC (or relevant national association) salary comparison (e.g. increasing salary would bring employee into the 50th percentile of the NE region) and/or review of peers, same rank, title & experience within same Department
- Description of role and value of faculty member
- Reason for equity increase request
- Salary sheet (not complete if any red fields)
*State in the email whether or not there is anything else that is pending for this faculty member (administrative component increase, promotion, retention, etc)
- OAA reviews the request, verifies current salary records and contacts Department with request for edits; if applicable.
- OAA submits the request to Office of Resource Management (ORM - Louisa Peartree) for the Dean’s approval once revisions have been finalized
- ORM will obtain the approvals of the Dean, Vice President and President; if applicable
- ORM emails the signed approval to the Department and copies Lisa Kummer
- Department completes paper EAF (Employee Action Form) reflecting change; if applicable. (attaching)
- Documents showing signed approval (SOM and/or UMB President)
- Original supporting documents (Chair’s letter, AAMC report, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Salary sheet
** Please note that increasing the TAS may change the FTE and Scheduled Hours on the UMB side without changing the salary.**