Office of Academic Administration
Welcome to the Office of Academic Administration (OAA), which administers all actions related to the processing of faculty and fellows at the School of Medicine.
The OAA is tasked with managing the full scope of actions during the faculty life cycle, including: recruitment, appointment, tenure status, promotion, leave of absence, change in status, and retirement. To do so, the OAA revises documentation and procedures with the goal of providing the APT Partners and Administrators with current, streamlined information. This allows the OAA to provide timely and accurate processing of academic actions. The OAA also serves as an information resource to the Dean, Senior Staff, APT Committee, and other at the School of Medicine and on campus.
The OAA is engaged primarily in the following activities:
- Processing and maintaining records for the recruitment, appointment, promotion, and awarding of tenure for all faculty.
- Processing and maintaining records for the appointment of all fellows.
- Maintaining records for the appointments of all senior staff (Department Administrators and non-faculty Associate and Assistant Deans).
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with all System, Campus, and School policies relating to faculty and fellows.
- Maintaining the AAMC Faculty Roster System.
APT Partners: Information and Reminders
New APT Partners
- If you are a NEW APT Partner for your Department please contact the Office of Academic Administration (x6-2656) for an orientation to the Appointment and Promotion process as soon as possible.
Current APT Partners
- All appointment, promotion, and change in status packets are now submitted to the OAA electronically, following the instructions for electronic submissions.
- Remember all requested actions need to come to our office first (BRB, 14-008).
- We do not accept packets that are incomplete. Please carefully review the checklist to be sure all guidelines have been followed and all items are included.
- We do not process Interim Appointment paperwork without a complete appointment packet.
- Please keep us up to date on Faculty terminations, changes in faculty email addresses and campus addresses.
- Please let us know of any changes within your department’s Administrative office (email changes, address changes, etc.)
Have a Question?
Check our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, you may contact us using either of the following methods:
- Email the OAA Staff Member who most closely manages the topic of your question OR
- Complete the Online Contact form so we can direct your inquiry to the appropriate staff member