Prior to advertising or selecting a candidate, you must have Dean's approval for the recruitment.
To obtain Dean's approval:
- Send all relevant documents as ONE PDF attached to an email to Monique Ogarro (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copied to David Ingle (email@example.com).
- Submit a completed Faculty Recruitment Information Sheet (FRIS) to the Office of Academic Administration:
- Dean’s Office recruitment documentation submission deadline is 5 pm on Tuesday to be reviewed at Thursday meeting
- Must be signed by the Department Chair (and Center, Institute or Program Director, if providing financial support),
- Name scanned attachment with a unique identifiable title (e.g. FRIS-Med-Trauma-Repl Smith, or FRIS-Neuro-Midtown-New, etc.)
You will be notified of the position number by email once the FRIS is approved.
The approved position is valid for 18 months. If the search is not completed within 18 months either an updated FRIS needs to be submitted for approval of an additional 18 months or the position is closed.
After FRIS is approved:
Form diverse search committee of at least 3 members
- Complete Faculty Recruitment Confirmation Statement (Open or download as a pdf document for fillable format)
Search Committee Responsibilities:
Review the Faculty Recruitment Packet
Review the Equitable Faculty Search Policy
Legally Compliant interview Practices and undergo the Unconscious Bias training
Complete the Faculty Recruitment Confirmation Statement with the search committee
Develop advertisement using the Sample Faculty Posting
Post ads for at least 2 weeks on:
- Taleo (campus applicant tracking system) including contact email
- Job-specific targeted national reaching venues (include contact email and link to Taleo in the posting to facilitate application)
Tip: Save a screenshot of online ads while they are posted; they will be required for the Offer Packet.
Propose final candidates to Department Chair
Search Committee Chair Signs Faculty Recruitment Confirmation Statement
- All candidates must apply through Taleo to legally be considered a job applicant
- Job-specific targeted national advertising:
Is Required for:
- Ranks of Assistant Professor and above, 50% FTE or more
- Fellow Appointments
- Faculty Appointments at the Instructor and Research Associate level (regardless of FTE)
- Any faculty appointment at 49% FTE or less
- Volunteer faculty appointments
- Visiting faculty appointments
- Faculty can only be appointed in an Academic Department not in an Institute, Program or Center
- Background Checks:
Are Required for:
- All regular faculty ranks 50% FTE or more
- Research Associates, and Instructors
- Fellow Appointments and Faculty Appointments 49% or less
- Volunteer Faculty Appointments
- Visiting Faculty Appointments
- AA/EEO Tag Line Required in all Position Announcements:
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.