110 S. Paca Street, Sixth floor, suite 200
Education and Training
1976 B.S. Physics and Mathematics Majors, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
1983 M.D. University of Maryland School of Medicine
1983-1986 Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Maryland
1986-1988 Resident, Emergency Medicine, Georgetown University/George Washington University
Following Medical School graduation in 1983, I completed residency training in Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine and am board certified in both specialties. I was commisioned as a Medical Officer in the U.S. Navy in 1988 and am still active in the US Navy Reserve. I was forward deployed to Ramadi, Iraq with the 1 Marine Expeditionary Force in 2008 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. During the period 1994-2008 I served as Chairman, Emergency Medicine, Bon Secours Hospital Baltimore. I currently serve as Attending Physician, Emergency Medicine, VA Medical Center, Baltimore, MD.
Tick borne illnesses; Military Medicine
Bolgiano EB, Sexton J. Tick-borne Illnesses. In Marx J, Hockberger R, Walls R, editors. Rosen’sPrinciples and Practice of Emergency Medicine, 8th edition. Philadelphia, Elsevier, 2014.
- Bolgiano E, Barish R, Tso E, Browne BJ. Coronary artery spasm. Part I: Overview. Journal of Emergency Medicine 4:307-310, 1986.
- Bolgiano E, Barish R, Tso E, Browne BJ, Whye D. Coronary artery spasm. Part II. Journal of Emergency Medicine 4:477-481. 1986
- Bolgiano EB, Foxwell MM, Browne BJ, Barish RA. Deep venous thrombosis of the upper extremity: diagnosis and treatment. Journal of Emergency Medicine 8:85-91, 1990.
- Bolgiano EB, Vachon DA, Barish RA, Browne BJ. Arterial injury from a high pressure water jet: case report. Journal of Emergency Medicine 8:35-40, 1990.
- Bolgiano EB, Sykes L, Barish RA, Zickler R, Eastridge B. Accidental hypothermia with cardiac arrest: recovery following rewarming by cardiopulmonary bypass. Journal of Emergency Medicine 10(4):427-433, 1992.