Employee Health at UMIC
Employee Health Services are provided through a contractual relationship with the University of Maryland, Baltimore; and the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute. Healthcare for these groups is offered by the Department of Family & Community Medicine
Location and Hours of Operation
Employees should access care at the University Campus Health practice site at 408 W. Lombard Street between Eutaw and Paca Streets. Scheduled appointments are strongly advised and can be made by calling 667-214-2233. Hours for Employee Health are Monday through Friday, 7am- 5pm.
Late hours are available at the main Family Medicine practice located at 29 S. Paca Street on Monday and Thursday until 7pm.
Employees with a work-related illness should contact their immediate supervisor so they can coordinate a prompt evaluation. A physician is on call 24 hours a day to assist with care. After-hours emergencies are referred to the University of Maryland Medical Center Emergency Department.
Additional Services Available Through Employee Health:
- Initial Workmen's Compensation visits and follow-up
- Fitness-for-duty evaluation
- Pre-employment evaluations
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Hazardous Materials Program
- Drug testing and Medical Officer Reviews
- Post exposure follow up and testing
- Immunization tracking and update