MD-SOR GPRA Evaluation
Welcome to the Maryland State Opioid Response (MD-SOR) Government Performance and Result Act (GPRA) Evaluation Resource page!
The MD-SOR GPRA evaluation involves conducting interviews with individuals receiving MD-SOR-funded treatment or recovery services to learn about the impact of these services at an individual level.
GPRA interviews are required by the funding source for MD-SOR, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and must be conducted at three different time points:
- intake to services (Baseline Interview)
- discharge from services (Discharge Interview)
- 6-months following intake to services (6-Month Follow-Up Interview)
As of October 25, 2019, all GPRA Baseline interviews must be completed in-person by program staff. The GPRA evaluation team will conduct Discharge interviews and 6-month Follow-up interviews for MD-SOR via telephone. Clients will receive $25 gift cards for completing each the 6-month follow-up and discharge interviews.
The following MD-SOR-funded initiatives must collect GPRA data:
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) in Detention Centers and through Harm Reduction
- Recovery Houses for Transition Aged Youth (TAY) & Adults
- Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (A-CRA)
- Healthy Beginnings
- Intensive Care Coordination (ICC)
CSAT GPRA Interview Instrument
The full GPRA instrument to be used by providers to conduct the Baseline interview. This instrument will also be used by the UMSOM evaluation team to conduct the Discharge and 6-Month Follow-Up interviews.
CSAT GPRA Question-By-Question Interview Guide
A detailed guide for interviewers.
SOR – CSAT GPRA Discharge Pages
Pages 37 through 39 of the CSAT GPRA Interview Instrument. Sections J and K are to be completed upon a client’s discharge from their program.
To be used by providers for all clients who are receiving SOR funded treatment or recovery services. This must be signed by all clients who wish to participate in the evaluation. If the client declines, the provider should indicate so on the paper with their own signature and the date.
A tool for providers to use when talking with clients to approach and promote the evaluation.
Client Locator Form
To be completed by providers to aid the UMSOM evaluation team in collecting 6-Month and Discharge interviews.
A take-home tool for clients to inform them about the evaluation’s expectations.
Outlines the steps to take at different time points.
MD-SOR GPRA Evaluation Instructions by Timepoint
The following directions will assist providers in collecting the GPRA interviews at each time point (baseline, 6-month follow-up, and discharge)
- Approach all clients about the evaluation who are enrolled in SOR-funded treatment or recovery services. Participation in the evaluation is not required, but providers must inform all service recipients of the opportunity to participate.
- Use the Provider Script to explain and promote the evaluation and provide the Client Brochure to clients who are interested.
- Fill out the Participation Agreement for each client. Mark the appropriate line regarding participation interest.
- Clients who wish to participate must sign, date, and print their name on the agreement.
- Clients who do not wish to participate do not need to sign, but the provider must indicate this on the participation agreement with their signature and date.
- 3 days for all residential programs (Adult Recovery Houses, TAY Recovery Houses)
- 4 days for all non-residential programs (MAT in Detention Centers, A-CRA, Healthy Beginnings, ICC)
- For clients not participating: select ‘No’ for the question “Does the client agree to participate in the SOR GPRA Evaluation?”, fill out the remaining survey items, and upload the Participation Agreement with the provider’s signature.
- For clients participating: select ‘Yes’ for the question “Does the client agree to participate in the SOR GPRA Evaluation?”. Providers will then have the option to either upload a paper copy of the Baseline Interview or complete the items through the survey. Upload the Participation Agreement with the client’s and provider’s signature. Upload the Client Locator Form.
- A client is "discharged" when they have left/completed their SOR-funded program.
- Complete the REDCap Discharge survey within 24 hours of client discharge.
- The evaluation team has only 2 weeks to collect and submit discharge information to SAMHSA.
- Specify reasons for client discharge.
- Complete the REDCap Discharge survey for all clients receiving SOR funded treatment or recovery services.
- The evaluation team will contact a provider to answer a few questions related to the client’s 6-month interview when it is conducted.
Data Transfer using REDCap
UM SOM has developed a secure data transfer system using REDCap, a HIPAA-compliant online platform that allows providers to enter information and upload documents for the evaluation team. For most interviews and forms, providers have the option of either filling out a paper copy of the form, scanning it, and then uploading it via the REDCap portal OR completing the form online. It is recommended that providers have a paper copy of forms to prevent data loss should they experience computer problems.
Have a general question? Complete this form.