Associate Fellowship Director
Education and Training
B.A., Psychology, Summa cum laude, Tufts University, Medford, MA
M.D., University of Massachusetts School of Medicine, Worcester, MA
2015-2016: Internship, Internal Medicine, Salem Hospital, Salem, MA
2016-2019: Residency, Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
2018-2019: Chief Resident, Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
2019-2021: Fellowship, Neurocritical Care, University of Maryland Medical Center/R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD
2021: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - NeuroCritical Care
2019: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Education research, simulation research, large hemispheric infarct, physiologic modeling
- Pergakis, M. B., Chang, W. T. W., Gutierrez, C. A., Neustein, B., Podell, J. E., Parikh, G., ... & Morris, N. A. (2022). Education Research: High-Fidelity Simulation to Evaluate Diagnostic Reasoning Reveals Failure to Detect Viral Encephalitis in Medical Trainees. Neurology: Education, 1(2).
- Podell, J., Pergakis, M., Yang, S., Felix, R., Parikh, G., Chen, H., Chen, L., Miller, C., Hu, P. and Badjatia, N., 2022. Leveraging Continuous Vital Sign Measurements for Real-Time Assessment of Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction After Brain Injury: A Narrative Review of Current and Future Applications. Neurocritical Care, pp.1-14.
- Ali, A.A., Chang, W.T.W., Tabatabai, A., Pergakis, M.B., Gutierrez, C.A., Neustein, B., Gilbert, G.E., Podell, J.E., Parikh, G., Badjatia, N. and Motta, M., 2022. Simulation-based assessment of trainee’s performance in post-cardiac arrest resuscitation. Resuscitation plus, 10, p.100233.
- Pergakis, M. B., Chang, W. T. W., Tabatabai, A., Phipps, M. S., Neustein, B., Podell, J. E., ... & Morris, N. A. (2021). Simulation-based assessment of graduate neurology trainees' performance managing acute ischemic stroke. Neurology, 97(24), e2414-e2422.
- Pergakis, M., Badjatia, N., & Simard, J. M. (2021). An update on the pharmacological management and prevention of cerebral edema: current therapeutic strategies. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, 22(8), 1025-1037.
- Pergakis, M., Badjatia, N., Chaturvedi, S., Cronin, C. A., Kimberly, W. T., Sheth, K. N., & Simard, J. M. (2019). BIIB093 (IV glibenclamide): an investigational compound for the prevention and treatment of severe cerebral edema. Expert opinion on investigational drugs, 28(12), 1031-1040.
- Pergakis, M. B., Hasan, N. S., Heller, N. R., & Waldinger, R. J. (2010). Octogenarian reports of lifetime spiritual experiences: Types of experience and early life predictors. Journal of religion, spirituality & aging, 22(3), 220-238.
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- Psi Chi Honor Society, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- Priscilla N. Dunne Award for Undergraduate Research, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- Class of 1921 Leonard Carmichael Award in Psychology, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- Highest Honors in Thesis Honors Program, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- Clinical Translational Research Pathway, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- Senior Scholars Research Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- Resident of the Year Award, Department of Neurology, Boston University, Boston, MA
- Golden Brain Award for Excellence in Teaching, Department of Neurology, Boston University, Boston, MA