Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Education and Training
2016 - 2017 Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
2012 - 2016 Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, Mount Sinai Beth Israel
2011 - 2012 Internship, Yale University at Norwalk Hospital
2007 - 2011 M.D., The George Washington University School of Medicine
2003 - 2007 B.S., Public Health, The George Washington University (Magna Cum Laude)
Dr. Hossain is an Assistant Professor of Radiology. Dr. Hossain is the Director of Medical Student Education for Radiology and an Assistant Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program Director. Dr. Hossain completed her fellowship training in Cardiothoracic Imaging at Massachusetts General Hospital, before joining the faculty at the University of Maryland in 2017. Dr. Hossain has special interests in both research as well as medical education.
Medical Education, Thoracic CT, MR, Radiography; Cardiac CT and Cardiac MRI; Valvular Heart Disease; Ischemic & Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy; Heart Failure; Global Health
- Hossain R., Natcheva H., Fintelmann F., Hedgire S., Shepard J., Flores E. Imaging of Cardiothoracic Complications of Opioid Abuse. Journal of Thoracic Imaging. 2017 (Accepted Sept 2017).
- Chu J., Hossain R., Silverblatt F., Hyle E., Turbett S. 21-year-old Woman with Fever, Headache, and Myalgias. New England Journal of Medicine. 2017; 377:268-278.
- Kagen A.C, Hossain R., Dayan E., Maddula S., Samson W., Dayan J., Smith M. (May-June 2015). Review of Perforator Flap Imaging with High Resolution MRA. RadioGraphics, 35; 901-915.
- Engbring J.A., Hossain R., VanOsdol S.J., Kaplan-Singer B., Wu M., Hibino S., Koblinski J.E. (2008). The laminin alpha-1 chain derived peptide, AG73, increases fibronectin levels in breast and melanoma cancer cells. Clinical and Experimental Metastasis, 25(3):241-52.
- Hossain R., Harris T., Lohsoonthorn V., Williams M.A. (2007). Risk of Preterm Delivery in Relation to Vaginal Bleeding in Early Pregnancy. European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Health. 135(2), 158-163.
- Patel V., Knox S., Likar K., Lathrop C., Hossain R., Eftekhari S., Whitelock J., Elkin M., Vlodavsky I., Hoffman M. (2007). Heparanase cleavage of perlecan heparan sulfate modulates FGF10 activity during ex vivo submandibular gland branching morphogenesis. Development, 134, 4177-4186.
- Hibino A., Shibuya M., Hoffman M.P., Engbring J.A,Hossain R.,Mochizuki M., Kudoh S., Nomizu M., and Kleinman H.K. (2005). Laminin Alpha5 Chain Metastasis- and Angiogenesis-Inhibiting Peptide Blocks FGF2 Signaling by Binding to the Heparan Sulfate Chains of CD44. Journal of Cancer Research. 65(22):10494-501.