Education and Training
2003: B.S., Biology, The American University
2007: M.D., State University of New York, Upstate Medical University
Post Graduate Education and Training
2011-2012: Internship, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
2012-2015: Residency, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
2015-2016: Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Williams received her bachelor’s degree from the American University and her medical degree from State University of New York Upstate Medical School in Syracuse, NY. She completed a residency in anesthesiology and a fellowship in cardiothoracic anesthesiology at the University of Maryland.
Currently, Dr. Williams is an assistant professor at the University of Maryland where she can pursue her research interests which include cardiopulmonary bypass associated coagulopathy and sepsis induced coagulopathy.
Cardiopulmonary Bypass Associated Coagulopathy Sepsis Induced Coagulopathy
Henderson RA, Mazzeffi MA, Strauss ER, Williams B, Wipfli C, Dawood M, Taylor BS, Tanaka KA. Impact of intraoperative high-volume autologous blood collection on allogeneic transfusion during and after cardiac surgery: a propensity score matched analysis. Transfusion. 59(6), 2023-2029. doi: 10.1111/trf.15253. Epub 2019 Mar 18. PMID: 30882929. 2019
Tanaka KA, Mondal S, Morita Y, Williams B, Strauss ER, Cicardi M. Perioperative Management of Patients With Hereditary Angioedema With Special Considerations for Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Anesth Analg. doi: 10.1213/ANE.0000000000004710. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 32102012. 2020
Goerlich C, Singh A, Kaczorowski D, Abdullah M, Lewis B, Tatarov I, Hershfeld A, Zhang T, Strauss E, Odonkor P, Williams B, Ayares D, Griffith B, Mohiuddin M. Lack of Human Thrombomodulin Gene Expression in Life Supporting Pig-to-Baboon Cardiac Xenotransplantation Models Accelerate Antibody Mediated Rejection. Transplantation. 104(S3), S635. 2020
Williams B, Henderson RS, Reformato VS, Pham T, Taylor BS, Tanaka KA. Hemostasis Management of Patients Undergoing Emergent Cardiac Surgery After Ticagrelor Loading. Case Report. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 34(1):168-174. PMID: 31375405. 2020
- Strauss ER, Dahmane E, Judd M, Guo D, Williams B, Meyer MS, Gammie JS, Taylor BS, Mazzeffi MA, Gobburu JA, Tanaka KA. A Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Investigation of an ε-Aminocaproic acid regimen designed for the context of cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass. J Cardiothor Vasc Anesth. DOI: 10.1053/j.jvca.2020.07.048. In press. 2020
- Williams B, Zhu J, Zou L, Chao W. Innate immune TLR7 signaling mediates platelet activation and platelet-leukocyte aggregate formation in murine bacterial sepsis. Platelets. 2022 Aug 3:1-9. doi: 10.1080/09537104.2022.2107627. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35920588
- Huang H, Zhu J, Gu L, Hu J, Feng X, Huang W, Wang S, Yang Y, Cui P, Lin SH, Suen A, Shimada BK, Williams B, Kane MA, Ke Y, Zhang CO, Birukova AA, Birukov KG, Chao W, Zou L. TLR7 Mediates Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Sepsis by Sensing Extracellular miR-146a. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2022 Jun 9. doi: 10.1165/rcmb.2021-0551OC. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35679261.
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass Associated Coagulopathy
- Sepsis Induced Coagulopathy