701 W Pratt St, 5th Floor Baltimore, MD 21201
Education and Training
- Frostburg State University, BS, Chemistry and Psychology, 2005
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, DO, 2011
- West Virginia University, Charleston Division, Residency in General Psychiatry, 2014
- University of Maryland Medical Center/Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2016
Dr. Robert Paine was born and raised in Baltimore, MD. He received his B.S. in Chemistry and Psychology, cum laude, with Honors in General Education from Frostburg State University in 2005. Following graduation, he worked as a mental health worker on the children’s inpatient unit at Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital. He then completed his medical education at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in 2011, his adult psychiatry residency at the Charleston Area Medical Center/West Virginia University Charleston Division in 2014, and his child psychiatry fellowship at University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt in 2016.
Upon completion of his training, Dr. Paine stayed at the University of Maryland, Baltimore as an assistant professor in the department of psychiatry. He is the child psychiatrist for the Child Program of Assertive Community Treatment and supervises trainees in the ADHD, Mood, and Center for Infant Studies clinics.
- Developmental trauma
- Attachment disorders
- Complex psychopharmacology
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Positive psychiatry
- Mindfulness-based psychotherapy
- Primary care consultation
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry