22 South Greene Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201
Education and Training
Undergraduate and Graduate
Sep 1983 - B.S., Microbiology with Honors, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
May 1987 - M.D., The John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
July 1987-June 1990 Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
July 1990-June 1992 Research Fellow, Surgical Service, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
July 1992-June 1996 Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
July 1993-June 1994 Chief Resident, General Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
July 1994-June 1995 Vascular Surgery Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Dr. Daniel Neuzil is a vascular surgeon in Baltimore, Maryland, and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including University of Maryland Medical Center and Virginia Mason Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, going on to complete his residency and fellowship at Vanderbilt School of Medicine and Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Altogether, Dr. Neuzil has been in practice for more than 20 years.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Beaumier PL, Neuzil DF, Yang HM, Noll EA, Kishore R, Eary JF, Krohn KA, Nelp WB, Hellstrom KE, Hellstrom I. Immunoreactivity assay for labeled anti-melanoma monoclonal antibodies. J Nucl Med 1986;27(6); 824-8.
- RozgaJ, Moscioni AD, Rozga J, Neuzil DF, Demetriou AA. A model for directed gene delivery to rat liver cells in vivo. J of Surg Res 1992;52(3): 209-13
- Moscioni AD, Rozga J, Neuzil DF, Overell RW, Holt JT, Demetriou AA. In vivo regional delivery of retrovirally mediated foreign genes to rat liver cells: Need for Partial Hepatectomy for Successful Foreign Gene Expression. Surgery 1993; 113(3): 304-11.
- Neuzil DF, Rozga K, Moscioni AD, Ro MS, Hakim R, Arnaout WS, Demetriou AA. Use of a novel bioartificial liver in a patient with acute liver insufficiency. Surgery 1993; 113(3): 340-3.
- ChapmanWC, Neuzil DF, Demetriou AA. Complications following laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Complications in Surgery 1992;11(8): 13-16.
- Neuzil DF, Holzman MD, Rozga J, Levine J, Moscioni AD, Demetriou AA. Fibroblast transplantation in rats: transduction and function of foreign genes. J of Surg Res 1993; 54(6): 1213-9.
- Holzman MD, Rozga J, Neuzil DF, Griffin D, Moscioni AD, Demetiou AA, Selective intra portal hepatocyte transplantation in analbuminemic and gunn rats. Transplantation 1993; 55(6): 1213-9.
- Rozga J, Williams F, Ro MS, Neuzil DF, Giorgio TD, Backfisch G, Moscioni AD, Hakim R, Demetriou AA. Development of a bioartificial liver: properties and function of a hollow‑fiber module inoculated with liver cells. Hepatology 1993;17(2):258‑65.
- Rozga J, Holzman MD, Ro MS, Griffin DW, Neuzil DF, Giorgio TD, Moscioni AD, Demetriou AA. Development of a hybrid bioartificial liver. Ann Surg 1993;217(5):502‑9;discussion 509‑11.
- Holzman MD, Rozga J, Neuzil DF, Griffin DW, Ro MS, Moscioni AD, Demetriou AA. Intra portal hepatocyte transplantation in analbuminemic rats. Surg Forum 1992;43:423‑6.
- Rozga J, Neuzil DF, Ro MS, Moscioni AD, Holzman MD, Griffin DW, Demetriou AA. Development of a hybrid xenogeneic bioartificial liver. Surg Forum 1992;43:174‑6.
- Holzman MD, Elkins CC, Neuzil DF, Williams LF, Jr. Expanding the physician care team: its effect on patient care, resident function, and education. J of Surg Res 1994;56(6):636‑40.
- Neuzil DF, Holzman MD, Wright JK. Primary leiomyosarcoma's of the gastrointestinal tract. Submitted at the Southeastern Surgical Congress, February 6‑10, 1994. Pending.
- Neuzil DF, Edwards WH,Jr., Mulherin JL, Martin III RS, Bonau R, Eskind SJ, Naslund TC, Edwards EH,Sr. Limb ischemia:surgical therapy in acute arterial occlusion. American Surgeon March 1997:63(3):270‑274.
- Naslund TC, Neuzil DF, Kehler JW. Severe intraoperative coagulopathy following routine aortoiliac bypass with knitted Dacron graft. Am Surg 1997:63(5)386‑389.
- Neuzil DF, Naslund TC, Edwards WH,Jr., Martin III RS, Snyder SO, Jr., Mulherin JL, Jr., Failor M, McPherson K. Technical complications of endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 1997;26:(3)502‑510.
- Nunn CR, Neuzil D, Naslund T, Bass JG, Jenkins JM, Pierce R, Morris JA, Jr. Cost‑effective method for bedside insertion of vena caval filters in trauma patients. Journal of Trauma. 1997:43(5):752‑8.
- Neuzil DF, Naslund TC, Meszoely I. Aortoiliac occlusive disease and gastrointestinal malignancy: changing therapeutic options. Am Surg 1998 Apr;64(4):293-7.
- Neuzil DF, Garrard CL, Berkman RA, Pierce R, Naslund TC. Duplex‑directed vena cava filter placement: report of initial experience. April 1998:123(4):470‑474.
- Van Natta TL, Morris JA, Jr., Eddy VA, Nunn CR, Rutherford EJ, Neuzil D, Jenkins JM, Bass JG. Elective bedside surgery in critically injured patients is safe and cost‑effective. Annals of Surgery. May 1998:227(5):618‑24; discussion 624‑6.
- Neuzil DF, Ludwig D, Rosoff L. Mesenteric and portal vein thrombosis in a young patient. J Vasc Surg 1999;30:551‑554.
- Endovascular vs. Standard Open Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: The Virginia Mason Experience. Hansman, MF; Neuzil, DF, Quigley, TM; Raker, EJ. U Press American Journal of Surgery.
- Demetriou AA, Rozga J, Neuzil DF, Holzman MD, Griffin DW, Moscioni AD. Experimental cell transplantation and gene therapy techniques in the treatment of liver disease. In: Catravas, et al., ed. Vascular Endothelium. New York: Plenum Press, 1993.
- Certified by American Board of Surgery:
- Vascular Surgery, 1997
- General Surgery, 1995
Honors and Awards
- June 1992 - Resident Research Award from the Association of Academic Surgery
- June 1994 - Alfred Blalock Award for Excellence in Research During Residency
- June 1996 - John L. Sawyers Award for Excellence in Teaching
- June 1999 - Joel Wilson Baker Award for Teaching
- June 2000 - Joel Wilson Baker Award for Teaching
- June 2003 - Joel Wilson Baker Award for Teaching
- June 2013 - Joel Wilson Baker Award for Teaching
- June 2005-June 2014- Seattle’s Top Doctors (Seattle Magazine’s peer‑recommended list
of top physicians in town)
Professional Society Membership
- American College of Surgeons ‑ Associate Fellow
- The H. William Scott, Jr. Society
- Southeastern Surgical Congress
- Nashville Surgical Society
- The American Association for Vascular Surgery
- Western Vascular Society
- Southern Association of Vascular Surgery