Center for Infant & Child Loss
- A. Latoya Bates, MSSA, LCSW-C, Director
- Rhonda Caldwell-Dove, Office Manager
Visit the us at the CICL website for more information.
Center for Infant & Child Loss (CICL) is committed to assuring Maryland families facing the sudden unexpected loss of their infant or child have access to bereavement interventions, counseling, and information based on best practices and current research. The Center is dedicated to the education and training of persons working in health and child care, emergency response, law enforcement, and community services to promote awareness and knowledge of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), other sudden infant/child deaths, and practices to reduce the risk of these deaths.
- Provide bereaved families access to intervention, counseling and information
- Facilitate parent support groups and peer outreach programs
- Collect, analyze, and distribute timely and accurate SIDS data
- Educate health providers, public safety officials and other public-at-large about SIDS, infant and child deaths, risk reduction, injury prevention, grief, and compassionate intervention
- Facilitate research on SIDS and related issues
- Assure funding for expanded activities, i.e. research, family events, risk reduction outreach, and SIDS injury prevention awareness
CICL in the news
- WBAL-TV 11 Organization that helps families experiencing child loss seeks new funding (December 19, 2019)
Check out our Insights Newsletter
Interested in helping?
Consider donating to the CICL "Big Ask" Campaign