Program Purpose and Goals
- The program seeks to provide talented UMCP STEM-track undergraduate students with an intense, comprehensive, and immersive mentored experience in research at the University of Maryland School of Medicine on the UMB campus. Research projects might be basic, clinical, translational or epidemiological in nature or focus.
- Students selected for the program are typically interested in pursuing either health-profession degrees (especially the M.D. degree), and some are interested in pursuing graduate (e.g. Ph.D. track) research or M.D./Ph.D. or M.D./M.S. dual degree tracks. The program introduces these talented students to the vast array of health or biomedical research projects and topics, the possibilities of careers in medicine and biomedical research, and the variety of degree programs and opportunities at UMB while they execute a well-crafted project with their mentors.
- To train and inspire students in research-based approaches to problem solving.
- To provide a nurturing environment of research community and foster engaging interactions with renowned faculty, researchers, and clinicians and as well other students and trainees who are involved in research and are in various degree and training programs.
- To encourage pursuit in health professions and biomedical research programs and career paths.
Please use the Ask UM Scholars form to submit your questions.