Division of Psychiatric Services Research
The Division of Psychiatric Services Research (DPSR) supports applied clinical research, evaluation, training, and dissemination aimed at improving the quality and outcomes of care for persons with mental health and substance use disorders.
Our mission is to contribute to the evidence base for safe and effective interventions for improving mental health outcomes and enhancing recovery, evaluate the best settings and circumstances for offering interventions, and promote implementation of effective interventions through training and dissemination.
The Division aims to address the needs of adults, young adults, and children who experience complex mental health disorders, substance use disorders, and comorbid health conditions. Our goal is to ensure that, through research and training, all individuals receive mental health care that is comprehensive, of high quality, and evidence based.
Learn more about Dr. Bennett and DPSR
Dr. Bennett talks about the mission and services of the Division.
- Improving health and recovery outcomes for individuals living with serious mental illness
- Improving the delivery of psychiatric services in community practice
- Evaluating innovative mental health treatment programs
- Implementation of innovative health and mental health programs in community settings
- Training clinicians in evidence-based mental health and substance use disorder treatment practices