Assistant Professor, Physics University of Maryland School of Medicine Department of Radiation Oncology
University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake, 500 Upper Chesapeake Drive, Bel Air, MD 21014
Dr. Tehrani joined the department of Radiation Oncology as a member of the Clinical Physics faculty in 2019. He earned his Ph.D. degree in Bioelectrical Engineering, from the University of Sydney, Australia in 2013. Prior to joining UMMC, he was a medical physics resident at the University of Virginia health system (2016-2019). He was a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center (2014-2016). He supports the University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake hospital in a wide range of special procedures, HDR, and external beam treatment techniques. He is interested in developing methods of real-time estimation of target rotation and translation as well as biomechanical modeling of organs and its application in cancer treatment.
Real-time motion tracking, Biomechanical modeling, Finite element modeling
- Paul J Keall., Nasehi Tehrani, Ricky O'Brien, and Per Rugaard Poulsen. "Method to estimate real-time rotation and translation of a target with a single x-ray imager." U.S. Patent 9,314,219, issued April 19, 2016.
- Zhang, You, Michael R. Folkert, Xiaokun Huang, Lei Ren, Jeffrey Meyer, Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Robert Reynolds, and Jing Wang. "Enhancing liver tumor localization accuracy by prior-knowledge-guided motion modeling and a biomechanical model." Quantitative imaging in medicine and surgery 9, no. 7 (2019): 1337.
- Zhang, You, Michael R. Folkert, Bin Li, Xiaokun Huang, Jeffrey J. Meyer, Tsuicheng Chiu, Pam Lee, Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, et al. "4D liver tumor localization using cone-beam projections and a biomechanical model." Radiotherapy and Oncology 133 (2019): 183-192.
- Zhang, You, Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, and Jing Wang. "A biomechanical modeling guided CBCT estimation technique." IEEE transactions on medical imaging 36, no. 2 (2016): 641-652.
- Zhang, Y., J. J. Meyer, H. Lee, Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, and J. Wang. "Liver CBCT Reconstruction by Prior-Knowledge Guided Motion Modeling and Biomechanical Modeling." International Journal of Radiation Oncology• Biology• Physics 99, no. 2 (2017): S95.
- Dutta, S. W., Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, H. Nourzadeh, B. D. Camarata, E. M. Janowski, and K. Wijesooriya. "Assessing Inter-and Intrafraction Liver Motion During Radiation Therapy in Patients With Obesity or Ascites." International Journal of Radiation Oncology• Biology• Physics 99, no. 2 (2017): E145.
- Zhang, Y., Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, and J. Wang. "A Biomechanical Modeling Guided Cone Beam Computed Tomography Reconstruction Technique." International Journal of Radiation Oncology• Biology• Physics 96, no. 2 (2016): S99-S100.
- Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Alistair McEwan, and Jing Wang. "Lung surface deformation prediction from spirometry measurement and chest wall surface motion." Medical Physics 43, no. 10 (2016): 5493-5502.
- Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Yin Yang, Rene Werner, Wei Lu, Daniel Low, Xiaohu Guo, and Jing Wang. "Sensitivity of tumor motion simulation accuracy to lung biomechanical modeling approaches and parameters." Physics in Medicine & Biology 60, no. 22 (2015): 8833.
- Huang, Chen-Yu, Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Jin Aun Ng, Jeremy Booth, and Paul Keall. "Six degrees-of-freedom prostate and lung tumor motion measurements using kilovoltage intrafraction monitoring." International Journal of Radiation Oncology* Biology* Physics 91, no. 2 (2015): 368-375.
- Farooq, Adnan, Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Alistair Lee McEwan, Eung Je Woo, and Tong In Oh. "Improvements and artifact analysis in conductivity images using multiple internal electrodes." Physiological measurement 35, no. 6 (2014): 1125.
- Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Ricky T O’Brien, Per Rugaard Poulsen, and Paul Keall. "Real-time estimation of prostate tumor rotation and translation with a kV imaging system based on an iterative closest point algorithm." Physics in Medicine & Biology 58, no. 23 (2013): 8517.
- Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Tong In Oh, C. Jin, Aravinda Thiagalingam, and A. McEwan. "Evaluation of different stimulation and measurement patterns based on internal electrode: application in cardiac impedance tomography." Computers in biology and medicine 42, no. 11 (2012): 1122-1132.
- Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, C Jin, AL McEwan, “Modelling of an Oesophageal Electrode for Cardiac Function Tomography,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, Article ID 585786, pp. 1-10 (2012).
- Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Alistair McEwan, Craig Jin, and A. Van Schaik. "L1 regularization method in electrical impedance tomography by using the L1-curve (Pareto frontier curve)." Applied Mathematical Modelling 36, no. 3 (2012): 1095-1105.
- Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, Craig Anderson, Craig Jin, A. Van Schaik, D. Holder, and Alistair McEwan. "Feasibility of electrical impedance tomography in haemorrhagic stroke treatment using adaptive mesh." In Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 224, no. 1, p. 012065. IOP Publishing, 2010.
- Joubin Nasehi Tehrani, A. Ahmadian, N. Riahi, and M. Giti. "Detection of Suspicious Microcalcifications in digital mammography using fuzzy Logic and Wavelet Transform Coefficients." IJMP 3, no. 3 (2003): 23-28.