Education and Training
- BA, Psychology - Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
- MA, Psychology - University of Pennsylvania
- MD - Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Post Graduate Education and Training:
- Internship, Internal Medicine - Bassett Medical Center, Cooperstown, NY
- Residency, Internal Medicine - Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Fellowship, Hospice and Palliative Medicine - University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Dr. Hyeong Joong Kim trained and is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. He passed Examination of Special Competence in Adult Echocardiography by National Board of Echocardiography. He currently holds a certificate of Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer in Adult Echocardiography by American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Clinical and Research Interest: 1. Point-of-Care Ultrasound 2. End-of-life Care in the ICU
Web based journal articles:
- 1. Kim H, Jesinger M, Khosravi M. Medical image of the week: Fat embolism. Southwest J Pulm Crit Care. 2017;15(6):297-8. doi: https://doi.org/10.13175/swjpcc138-17
- Kim H, Montgomery A, Dixon J, Adkins D. A Successful Fiberoptic Transorbital Endotracheal Intubation In An Emergent Setting [Abstract]. In: American Thoracic Society 2014 International Conference; May 16-21, 2014; San Diego, CA. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 189;2014:A6193.
- Kim H, Ali M, Buch K. Eosinophilic Pneumonia Induced By Injectable Naltrexone [Abstract]. In: American Thoracic Society 2014 International Conference; May 16-21, 2014; San Diego, CA. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 189;2014:A2283.
- Kim H, Desa P, Avallone E, Weart T, Adkins D. The Discontinuation Dilemma: Which Vasopressor Should Be Weaned First in Patients Recovering From Shock? [Abstract]. In: Chest 2014 Annual Meeting; Oct 25-30, 2014; Austin, TX. Chest. 2014;146(4_MeetingAbstracts):238A. doi:10.1378/chest.1990619
- Marco S, Khan S, Houshmand F, Kim H. It was not MRSA, but Legionella. [Abstract]. In: American Thoracic Society 2018 International Conference; May 18-23, 2018; San Diego, CA