Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
Education and Training
- Yale University, Gynecologic Oncology (2011-2014)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center-Magee Womens Hospital, OB/GYN (2007-2011)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine (2002-2007)
- Duke University, Chemistry, Cum Laude with Distinction (1998-2002)
- Gynecologic Oncology (2017)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (2016)
- Centers for Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (2016)
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (2010)
Dr. Dana Marie Roque joined the faculty at University of Maryland in August 2014. She specializes in the chemotherapeutic and surgical treatment of gynecologic malignancies including cervical, uterine, ovarian, vulvar, and vaginal cancers, as well as gestational trophoblastic neoplasia. Her practice also includes management of benign conditions requiring complex surgery. She offers open, traditional laparoscopic, and robotic surgical approaches. Surgeries are performed at the downtown and midtown campuses of the University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore Washington Medical Center, and the outpatient surgery center at Waterloo.
Outpatient appointments are available in several locations:
- 22 S. Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Thursday, AM)
- 419 W. Redwood Street Suite 500, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Thursday, PM)
- 7556 Teague Road Suite 430, Hanover, MD 21076 (first Monday of the month, AM)
- 5900 Waterloo Rd, Columbia, MD 21045 (other Mondays, AM)
She is also active in clinical/translational trials and teaching with the School of Medicine. She previously served on the Rare Tumor Sub-Committee of NRG and the Clinical Practice Committee of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology. She currently belongs to the Foundation for Womens Cancer Patient Education Committee.
She was voted a Baltimore Top Doctor in 2019 and 2020. She is the Director of the Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology at University of Maryland.
CLINICAL RESEARCH STUDIES include
- HP-00084982 (1924GCCC): GOG 3018/OVAL, A Study of VB-111 with Paclitaxel versus Paclitaxel for Treatment of Recurrent Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer [recruiting]
- HP-00088476, NRG-GY0019: Testing the Hormonal Drug Letrozole Alone or in Addition to the Usual Chemotherapy Treatment (Paclitaxel and Carboplatin) in Low-grade Serous Ovarian or Peritoneal Cancer [recruiting]
- HP-00093504, NRG-CC008: A Study to Compare Two Surgical Procedures in Women with BRCA1 Mutations to Assess Reduced Risk of Ovarian Cancer [recruiting]
- HP-00082352 (18111GCCC): TESARO FIRST A Phase 3 Trial with TSR-042 and Niraparib vs Standard of Care in Non-Mucinous Epithelial Ovarian Cancer [active, not recruiting]
HP-00074863 (1730GCCC): A Randomized Phase II Evaluation of Weekly Ixabepilone with or without Biweekly Bevacizumab [completed]
HP-2135GCCC: A Phase 2 Open-Label, Multicenter Study to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of ZN-c3 in Adult Women with Recurrent or Persistent Uterine Serous Carcinoma [recruiting]
- HP-00088558, NRG-GY018: Testing the Addition of the Immunotherapy Pembrolizumab to the Usual Chemotherapy Treatment (Paclitaxel and Carboplatin) in Stage III-IV or Recurrent Endometrial Cancer [recruiting]
- HP-00061901 (1467GCC): Randomized Phase II Evaluation of Carboplatin / Paclitaxel +/- Trastuzumab in HER2/Neu+ Advanced or Recurrent Uterine Papillary Serous Carcinoma [completed]
TRANSLATIONAL AND OTHER RESEARCH STUDIES include
- HP-00061641. Collection of Tissue Samples from Women with Gynecologic Malignancies and Healthy Controls for Laboratory Research.
- HP-00061673. Treatment and Survival Outcomes for Patients with Gynecologic Malignancies.
- HP-00063498. Molecular Profiling of Gynecologic Cancers.
- HP-00066154. TERPS (Training, Education, and Robotic Performance with Simulation) at University of Maryland Medical Center)
class III beta tubulin, clear cell carcinoma, paclitaxel resistance, novel therapeutic targets, microtubule-stabilizing agents, HuR, microtentacles
- Roque DM, Ratner E, Silasi DA, Azodi M, Rutherford TJ, Schwartz PE, Nelson W, Santin AD. Weekly ixabepilone with or without biweekly bevacizumab in the treatment of recurrent or persistent uterine and ovarian/primary peritoneal/fallopian tube cancers: A retrospective review. Gynecologic Oncology 2015; 137(3):392-400.
- Roque DM, Buza N, Glasgow M, Bellone S, Bortolomai I, Gasparrini S, Cocco E, Ratner E, Silasi D, Azodi M, Rutherford TJ, Schwartz PE, Santin AD. Class III β-tubulin overexpression within the tumor microenvironment is a prognostic biomarker for poor overall survival in ovarian cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant carboplatin/paclitaxel. Clinical & Experimental Metastases 2014; 31(1): 101-10.
- Roque DM, Bellone S, Buza N, Romani C, Cocco E, Bignotti E, Ravaggi A, Rutherford TJ, Schwartz PE, Pecorelli S, Santin AD. Tubulin-β-III overexpression in ovarian clear cell and serous carcinoma as a marker for poor overall survival after platinum/taxane chemotherapy and sensitivity to patupilone. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 2013; 209(1): 62.e1-9.
- Roque DM, Bellone S, English DP, Buza N, Cocco E, Gasparrini S, Bortolomai I, Ratner E, Silasi D, Azodi M, Rutherford TJ, Schwartz PE, Santin AD. Tubulin-β-III overexpression by uterine serous carcinomas is a marker for poor overall survival after platinum/taxane chemotherapy and sensitivity to epothilones. Cancer 2013; 119(14): 2582-92.
- Zhao S, Choi M, Overton JD, Bellone S, Roque DM, Cocco E, Guzzo F, English DP, Varughese J, Gasparrini S, Bortolomai I, Buza N, Hui P, Abu-Khalaf M, Ravaggi A, Bignotti E, Bandiera E, Romani C, Todeschini P, Tassi R, Zanotti L, Carrara L, Pecorelli S, Silasi DA, Ratner E, Azodi M, Schwartz PE, Rutherford TJ, Stiegler AL, Mane S, Boggon TJ, Schlessinger J, Lifton RP, Santin AD. Landscape of somatic single-nucleotide and copy-number mutations in uterine serous carcinoma. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 2013; 110(8): 2916-21.
- Helou C, Seal P, Sanses TVD, Morozov V, Roque DM. Training, Education for Robotic Performance with Simulation (TERPS): a valuable tool for gynecologic surgeons in training. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology (submitted).
- Klein KL, Goron AR, Taylor GH, Roque DM. Pap Smear outcomes in older HJV-positive women and HIV-negative matched controls. Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynecology (submitted).
- Dorismond VG, Bui B, Roque DM, Sanses TVD. Robotic performance with simulation among robotic surgeons with low and high surgical volumes at an academic medical center. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology (submitted).
- Bellone S, Roque DM, Siegel ER, Buza N, Hui P, Bonazzoli E, Guglielmi A, Zammataro L, Nagarkatti N, Zaidi S, Lee J, Silasi D-A, Huang GS, Andikyan V, Damast S, Clark M, Azodi M, Schwartz PE, Tymon-Rosario J, Harold J, Mauricio D, Zeybek B, Menderes G, Altwerger G, Ratner E, Alexandrov LB, Iwasaki A, Kong Y, Song
E, Dong W, Elvin J, Choi J, Santin AD. A phase II evaluation of pembrolizumab in recurrent microsatellite instability-high endometrial cancer patients with Lynch-like vs MLH-1 methylated characteristics (NCT02899793). Cancer (in revision).
- Roque DM, Siegel ER, Buza N, Bellone S, Silasi DA, Huang GS, Andikyan V, Clark M, Azodi M, Schwart PE, Rao GG, Reader J, Hui P, Tymon-Rosario JR, Harold J, Mauricio D, Zeybek B, Menderes G, Altwerger G, Ratner E, Santin AD. Randomized phase II trial of weekly ixabepilone with or without biweekly bevacizumab for platinum-resistant or refractory ovarian/fallopian tube/primary peritoneal cancer. British Journal of Cancer (submitted).
- Zhang R, Fu S, Chen X, Roque DM, Reader J, Spencer W, Aubé J, Wu X, Xu L, Lin J. A novel small molecule HuR inhibitor KH-3 exhibits potent growth-suppressive activity and enhances the effect of chemotherapy in human ovarian cancer cells. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (submitted).
- Baglo Y, Sorrin AJ, Xiaocong Pu, Liu C, Reader J, Robey R, Roque DM, Gottesman MM, Huang H-C. Evolutionary dynamics of cancer multidrug resistance in response to olaparib and photodynamic therapy. Cancer Letters (submitted).
- Duru N, Pawar NR, Martin EW, Buzza MS, Conway GD, Lapidus RG, Liu S, Reader J, Rao G, Roque DM, Leppla SH, Antalis TM. Targeting metastatic ovarian cancer using a novel engineered anthrax prodrug activated by membrane serine proteases. Cancer Discovery (submitted).
- Sorrin A, Liu C, Cicalo J, Reader J, Najafali D, Zhang Yuji, Roque DM, Huang HC. Photodynamic priming coupled with co-inhibition of EGFR and EP4 signaling attenuates metastatic behavior in ovarian cancer cells (in preparation).
- Pollock AE, Risher H, Sun K, Oza I, Marter K, Alicia D, Rao G, Roque DM, Nichols EM, Mohindra P. Clinical outcomes and dosimetric data for patients with gynecologic malignancies: a comparison between a proton and photon matched cohort. American Radium Society Annual Meeting 2021 (submitted).
- Pollock AE, Risher H, Bentzen SM, Roque DM, Rao G, Nichols EM, Mohindra P. Clinical outcomes of patients treated with intensity modulated proton therapy (IMPT) re-irradiation for gynecologic malignancies. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting 2021 (submitted).
- Zhang R, Yang X, Roque DM, Li C, Lin J. A novel small molecule LLL12B inhibits STAT3 signaling and sensitizes ovarian cancer cell to paclitaxel and cisplatin. PLOSOne 2021; 28;16(4):e0240145. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0240145.
- Fader AN, Roque DM, Siegel E, Buza N, Hui P, Abdelghany O, Chambers S, Secord AA, Havrilesky L, O'Malley D, Backes F, Nevadunksy N, Edraki B, Pikaart D, Lowery W, ElSahwi K, Celano P, Santin A, Bellone S, Litkouhi B, Ratner E, Silasi DA, Schwartz P, Santin AD. Randomized phase II trial of carboplatin–paclitaxel compared with carboplatin–paclitaxel–prastuzumab in advanced (stage III–IV) or recurrent uterine serous carcinomas that overexpress Her2/Neu (NCT01367002): updated overall survival analysis. Clinical Cancer Research 2020; DOI: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-20-0953.
- Reader J, Harper A, Legesse T, Staats PN, Goloubeva O, Rao GG, Fulton A, Roque DM. EP4 and class III b-tubulin expression in uterine smooth muscle tumors: implications for prognosis and treatment. Cancers (Basel) 2019;11(10): pii: E1590. doi: 10.3390/cancers11101590.
- Fader AN, Roque DM, Siegel E, Buza N, Hui P, Abdelghany O, Chambers S, Secord A, Havrilesky L, O’Malley D, Backes F, Nevadunsky N, Edraki B, Pikaart D, Lowery W, ElSahwi K, Azodi M, Litkouhi B, Ratner E, Silasi D, Schwartz PE, Santin AD. Randomized phase II trial of carboplatin-paclitaxel (CP) compared to carboplatin-paclitaxel-trastuzumab (CP-T) in advanced (stage III-IV) or recurrent uterine serous carcinoma overexpressing Her2/Neu (NCT1367002). Journal of Clinical Oncology 2018; 36(20):2044-51.
- Ramaseshan AS, Felton J, Roque D, Rao GG, Shipper AG, Sanses TVD. Pelvic floor disorders in women with gynecologic malignancies: a systematic review. International Urogynecology Journal 2017; 29(4):459-76.
- Cohen J, Harper A, Nichols EM, Rao GG, Mohindra P, Roque DM. Barriers to timely completion of radiation therapy in patients with cervical cancer in an urban tertiary care center. Cureus 2017; 9(9): e1681. DOI 10.7759/cureus.1681.
- English DP, Bellone S, Schwab CL, Roque DM, Lopez S, Bortolomai I, Cocco E, Bonazzoli E, Chatterjee S, Ratner E, Silasi DA, Schwartz PE, Rutherford TJ, Santin AD. Solitomab, an EpCAM/CD3 bispecific antibody (BiTE), is highly active against primary chemotherapy resistant ovarian cancer cell lines in vitro and fresh tumor cells ex vivo. Cancer 2014; doi: 10.1002/cncr.29062.
- Schwab CL, Bellone S, English DP, Roque DM, Lopez S, Cocco E, Nicoletti R, Bortolomai I, Bonazzoli, Ratner E, Silasi DA, Azodi M, Schwartz PE, Rutherford TJ, Santin AD. Afatinib demonstrates remarkable activity against HER2 amplified uterine serous endometrial cancer in vitro and in vivo. British Journal of Cancer 2014; 111(9):1750-6.
- Schwab CL, M.D, English DP, Roque DM, Bellone S, Lopez S, Cocco E, Nicoletti R; Rutherford TJ, Schwartz PE, Santin AD. Neratinib shows efficacy in the treatment of HER2/neu amplified uterine serous carcinoma in vitro and in vivo. Gynecologic Oncology 2014 doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2014.08.006.
- English DP, Roque DM, Carrara L, Lopez S, Bellone S, Cocco E, Bortolomai I, Schwartz PE, Rutherford TJ, Santin AD. HER2/neu gene amplification determines the sensitivity of uterine serous carcinoma cell lines to AZD8055, a novel dual mTORC1/2 inhibitor. Gynecologic Oncology 2013; 131(3):753-8.
- Bignotti E, Tassi RA, Calza S, Ravaggi A, Rossi E, Donzelli C, Todeschini P, Romani C, Bandiera E, Zanotti L, Carnazza M, Quadraro F, Tognon G, Sartori E, Pecorelli S, Roque DM, Santin AD. Secretoglobin expression analysis in epithelial ovarian carcinoma: lipophilin B gene upregulation as an independent marker of better prognosis. Journal of Translational Medicine 2013; 11(1): 162.
- Carrara L, Guzzo F, Roque DM, Bellone S, Cocco E, Sartori E, Pecorelli S, Schwartz PE, Rutherford TJ, Santin AD. Differential in vitrosensitivity to patupilone versus paclitaxel in uterine and ovarian carcinosarcoma cell lines is linked to tubulin-beta-III expression. Gynecologic Oncology 2011; 125(1): 231-6.
- Roque DM, Wang SA, Wasley A, Jacques-Carroll L, Roush S, Weinbaum CM on behalf of the CDC. Assessing completeness of perinatal hepatitis B virus infection reporting through comparison of immunization program and surveillance data ― United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2011; 60(3): 410-3.
- Roque DM (ed). Perinatal ethics. Virtual Mentor: American Medical Association Journal of Ethics 2007; 9: 597-659. Available at http://virtualmentor.ama-assn.org/2007/09/toc-0709.html.
PEER-REVIEWED CASE REPORTS, TECHNICAL NOTES LETTERS
- Mayer R, Dandulakis M, Richards S, Roque DM, Staats PN. Malignant sex-cord stromal tumor, not otherwise specified, harboring FOXL2, p53, and TERT promoter mutations: report of a case. International Journal of Gynecologic Pathology 2019; doi: 10.1097/PGP.0000000000000651.
- Roque DM, Santin AD. Uterine cancer, mutational phenotype, and the era of immune checkpoint blockade. Expert Review Clinical Immunology 2016 [editorial]. PMID: 27905822. Available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1744666X.2017.1266938.
- Black J, Roque DM, Pasternac MC, Buza N, Rutherford TJ, McCarthy S, Ratner E. A series of malignant ovarian cancers arising from within a mature cystic teratoma: a single institution experience. International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer 2015 25(5):792-7.
- Kapoor K, Evans MC, Shkullaku M, Schillinger R, White CR, Roque DM. Biventricular metastatic invasion from cervical squamous cell carcinoma. BMJ Case Reports 2016; doi: 10.1136/bcr-2016-214931.
- Roque DM, Santin AD. Oncofertility in gynecologic oncology: an oxymoron? Future Oncology 2016; 12(14):1683-6.
- Miller D, Roque DM, Santin AD. The use of Monsels’ solution to treat obstetrical haemorrhage: a review and comparison to other topical hemostatic agents. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 2015; 212(6):725-35.
- Dick-Biascoechea M, Roque DM, Schwartz PE. Appearances can be deceiving: ovarian mass presents as vaginal prolapse. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2014; 211(3):310.e1-
- Roque DM, Azodi M. Robotic Surgery: Research and Reviews 2014 [editorial forward]; 1: 11-12.
- Bellone S, Roque DM, Siegel ER, Buza N, Hui P, Bonazzoli E, Guglielmi A, Zammataro L, Nagarkatti N, Zaidi S, Lee J, Silasi D-A, Huang GS, Andikyan V, Damast S, Clark M, Azodi M, Schwartz PE, Tymon-Rosario J, Harold J, Mauricio D, Zeybek B, Menderes G, Altwerger G, Ratner E, Alexandrov LB, Iwasaki A, Kong Y, Song E, Dong W, Elvin J, Choi J, Santin AD. A phase II evaluation of pembrolizumab in recurrent microsatellite instability-high endometrial cancer patients with Lynch-like vs MLH-1 methylated characteristics (NCT02899793). Annals Oncol 2021; DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.annonc.2021.04.013.
- Smith P, Roque DM, Ching McMillan N, Fulton A, Rao GG, Reader JC. Eicosanoids in gynecologic malignancies. Frontiers in Pharmacology 2020; doi: 10.3389/fphar.2020.01233.
- Fan C, Reader J, Roque DM. Review of immune therapies targeting ovarian cancer. Current Treatment Options in Oncology 2018;19(12):74. doi: 10.1007/s11864-018-0584-3.
- Molitoris JK, Diwanji T, Samanta S, Lamichhane N, Chhabra A, Roque D, Rao G, Amin P, Nichols E, Mohindra P. Improving outcomes through immune system modulation in the treatment of gynecological malignancies. Reproductive Immunol Open Acc 2017; 2(3): 34.
- Lynam S, Young L, Morozov V, Rao G, Roque DM. Risk, risk reduction, and management of occult malignancy diagnosed after uterine morcellation: a commentary. Womens’ Health (Lond Engl) 2015; 11(6): doi 10.2217/WHE.15.63.
- Schwab CL, English DP, Roque DM, Santin AD. Taxanes: impact on gynecologic malignancies. Anti-Cancer Drugs 2014; 25(5):522-35.
- English DP, Roque DM, Santin AD. Class III β-tubulin overexpression in gynecologic tumors: implications for the choice of microtubule targeted agents? Expert Reviews of Anticancer Therapy 2013; 13(1): 63-74.
- Schwab CL, English DP, Roque DM, Pasternak M, Santin AD. The past, present, and future role of immunotherapy in ovarian cancer. Immunotherapy 2014;6(12):1279-93.
- Black J, English DP, Roque DM, Santin AD. Targeted therapy in uterine serous carcinoma, an aggressive variant of endometrial cancer. Women’s Health 2014; 10(1):45-57.
- Buza N, Roque DM, Hui P, Santin AD. Her2/Neu in endometrial cancer: a promising therapeutic target and diagnostic challenge. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine 2014; 138(3):343-50.doi: 10.5858/arpa.2012-0416-RA.
- English DP, Roque DM, Santin AD. HER2 expression beyond breast cancer: therapeutic implications for gynecologic malignancies. Molecular Diagnosis and Therapy 2013; 17(2): 85-99
- Roque DM, Santin AD. Updates in therapy for uterine serous carcinoma. Current Opinion in Obstetrics & Gynecology 2013; 25(1): 29-37.
- Roque DM, Schwartz PE, Santin AD. Targeted therapy for high-risk endometrial cancer. Clinical Practice 2012; 9(5): 539-54
- Roque DM, Sherman F. Review: ‘Heart Disease in Pregnancy.’ Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology 2008; 21(5): 301-2. doi:10.1016/j.jpag.2007.12.006.
- Klein K, Dandulakis M, Roque DM. Principles of cytotoxic chemotherapy. In Advanced in Diagnosis and Management of Ovarian Cancer, Samir Farghaly, ed. ISBN: 978-1461482703, New York: Springer, [in press].
- Reader J, Lynam S, Harper A, Rao GG, Matheny M, Roque DM. Ovarian tumor microenvironment and innate immune system. In Ovarian Cancer Immunotherapy, Samir Farghaly, ed. ISBN: 97801902, Oxford University Press, ©2018.
- English DP, Roque DM, Buza N, Santin AD. HER2 as a biomarker for endometrial cancer. In Biomarkers in Disease: Methods, Discoveries and Applications, Victor R. Preedy & Vinood B. Patel, eds., ©2015.
- Black J, Roque DM, Gold L, Santin AD. Future directions and new targets in endometrial cancer. In Current Clinical Oncology, Springer International Publishing, ©2015.
- Roque DM, Santin AD, Schwartz PE. Multidisciplinary management of serous carcinoma of the endometrium. In Current Multidisciplinary Oncology: Gynecologic Cancers, Kunle Odunsi and Tanja Pejovic, eds, 1st NY: Demos Medical, ©2013, ISBN: 978-1936287895.
- Roque DM, Santin AD. Antigen-specific immunotherapy for ovarian cancer. In Advances in Ovarian Cancer Management, Peter Schwartz, ed. ISBN (epub) 978-1-78084-081-9, © 2012.
- Annunziata C, Roque DM, Azad N, Kohn EC. Chapter 5: Application of serum and tissue proteomics to understand and detect solid tumors. In Cancer Proteomics: From Bench to Bedside, Sayed S. Daoud, ed. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, ©2008, pp 101-120.
ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer
AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP
- International Gynecologic Cancer Society
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Association for Cancer Research
Addressing Chemoresistance in Pancreatic and Ovarian Cancers: Photodynamic Priming and Repurposing of Tetracyclines using Targeted Photo-Activable Multi-Inhibitor Liposome NIH R01 PA-19-056. (Roque/Zhang, subaward). PI: Huang Chiao-Huang, PhD; 04/01/21-03/31/26.
HuR Inhibition as a Novel Approach to Treatment of Chemotherapy-Resistant Low-Grade Serous Ovarian Carcinomas. Co-PI: Jiayuh Lin, PhD. Departmental Grant, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD. Total/Annual Direct Costs: $50,000; 01/01/19-12/31/20.
Nanotechnology-Assisted, Mechanism-Based Combination Therapy for Peritoneal Carcinomatosis in Low-Grade Serous Ovarian Carcinoma. Co-PI: Jocelyn Reader, PhD. Departmental Grant, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD. Total/Annual Direct Costs: $50,000; 01/01/19-12/31/20.
Nanotechnology-Assisted, Mechanism-Based Combination Therapy for Ovarian Cancer Peritoneal Carcinomatosis. Co-PI: Huang Chiao-Huang, PhD. Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC), Caring Together, NY, Ovarian Cancer Research Grant. Total/Annual Direct Costs: $25,000; 04/01/19-03/31/20.
Tubulin Isotype and Microtentacle Composition in Progression of Ovarian Clear Cell Carcinoma. Departmental Grant, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD. Total/Annual Direct Costs: $50,000; 10/01/16-09/30/17.
Multi-Specialty Robotic Simulator Research Program at University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD. PIs: Tatiana Sanses, MD, Vadim Morozov, MD; Minhaj Siddiqui, MD, Shamus Carr, MD. Intuitive Surgical Research Simulator Loan Program. Total/Annual Direct Costs: dVSS system on loan to institution; 06/14/16-02/13/19.
Cancer Research Training Award. PI: Elise Kohn, MD, Senior Investigator, Molecular Signaling Section Cancer National Institutes of Health, Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD. NCI stipend; 06/01/05-05/31/06.
Oncofertility in Gynecologic Oncology:
- Preserving fertility can be expensive for cancer patients (Baltimore Sun, 04/10/17)
- Wong-You-Cheong, J & Roque DM. Tubal ectopic pregnancy. Case Collections: Radiologic Society of North America. Available at https://cases.rsna.org/author/view/9137ad86-ef43-48cf-ab8f-323ed9ffd8f0.
3/2017: Testimony for Maryland Senate Committee re: SB 918 "Health Insurance Coverage of Fertility Preservation Procedures for Iatrogenic Infertility"
2010. Women’s Health (ISSN 1745-5057) (1x/yr)
2014. BMC Cancer (ISSN 1471-2407) (1x/yr), Cancer (ISSN 1097-0142) (1x/yr)
2015. Pharmaceuticals (ISSN 1424-8247) (1x/yr), Immunotherapy (ISSN 1750-743X; 1750-7448) (1x/yr), BMC Womens Health (ISSN 1472-6874) (1x/yr), BMC Cancer (ISSN 1471-2407) (1x/yr)
2016. Scientific Reports (ISSN 2045-2322) (1x/yr), Cancer Letters (ISSN: 1872-7980) (1x/yr), Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology (ISSN: 0344-5704) (1x/yr), BMC Cancer (ISSN 1471-2407)(1x/yr)
2017. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology (ISSN: 0344-5704) (1x/yr), British Journal of Cancer (ISSN 0007-0920) (1x/yr)
2018. Critical Reviews in Oncology & Hematology (ISSN: 1040-8428) (1x/yr), American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISSN: 0002-9378) (1x/yr)
2019. JNCCN (ISSN:1540-1413) (1x/yr), PLoS ONE (eISSN: 1932-6203) (1x/yr)
2020. JCancer Medicine (ISSN: 2045-7634) (1x/yr), Annals of Translational Medicine(ISSN: 2305-5847) (1x/yr)
2021. Gynecologic Oncology (ISSN: 0090-8258) (1x/yr)
2020. Komop tegen Kanker (Stand Up to Cancer) Flemish Cancer Society)
LEADERSHIP AND COMMITTEES
2016-present. Director, Centers of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Surgical Review Corporation
2017-present. Member, Clinical Competency Committee, OB/GYN Residency Program, University of Maryland
2018-present. Associate Member, Graduate Faculty, University of Maryland-Baltimore
2018-present. Member, American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant Committee, University of Maryland
2019-present. Member, Program Evaluation Committee, OB/GYN Residency Program
2020-present. Member, University of Maryland Dept Initiative to Combat Bias and Inequities Workgroup