Associate Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program
110 S. Paca Street, 2nd Floor, Baltimore, MD 21201
Education and Training
Dr. Holden graduated from Newman University in Wichita, KS with a B.A. in Biology and completed her M.D. at University of Kansas School of Medicine. She did her residency in Internal Medicine at Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, NJ and stayed for an additional year as Chief Medical Resident. She completed her fellowship training in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Maryland Medical Center and served as Chief Fellow during her last year. An additional year of fellowship training in Interventional Pulmonology was completed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA.
Dr. Holden is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She is an interventional pulmonologist within the Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine. In addition, she is the Program Director of the PCCM fellowship program. Dr. Holden specializes in minimally invasive methods of diagnosing and staging lung cancer, central airway obstruction, and pleural disease. She also has strong interests in medical education and teaching.
Lung cancer, airway obstruction, pleural disease, airway stents, medical education
- Holden VK, Hines SE. “Update on flavoring-induced lung disease.” CurrOpinPulm Med. 2016 Mar; 22(2):158-64.
- Holden V, Slack III D, McCurdy MT, Shah NG. “Diagnosis and management of acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.” Emerg Med Pract. 2017 Oct; 19(10):1-24.
- Holden VK,Channick CL. “Management of benign central airway obstruction.” AME Medical Journal 2018 July; 3:76.
- Pickering EM, Holden VK, Heath JE, Verceles AC, Kalchiem-Dekel O, Sachdeva A. “Tissue acquisition during EBUS-TBNA: comparison of cell blocks obtained from a 19G versus 21G needle.” J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol. 2019 Oct; 26(4):237-244.
- Holden VK, Wappel S, Verceles AC, Deepak J. “Impact of an onsite endobronchial ultrasound program on the time to treatment of cancer in veterans.” Ann Lung Cancer. 2019;3(1):66-74.