Clinical Assistant Professor
Education and Training
Medical School-LLRM Medical College, India.
Residency-Wiliam Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI
Fellowship-University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI.
Dr Chandra completed her nephrology fellowship at University of MI, Ann Arbor following which she completed a 2 year National Kidney Foundation (NKF) research fellowship. She joined University of Maryland as faculty in 2011. She rounds as the attending physician in the nephrology consultative services at University of Maryland hospital. She manages patients with glomerular diseases at 419 Redwood Street.
Main area of clinical interest is glomerular diseases, fluids and electrolytes, AKI, hypertension.
Main areas of research interest is glomerular diseases.
1. Chandra P, Sands RL, Gillespie BW, Levin NW, Kotanko P, Kiser M, Finkelstein F, Hinderliter A, Pop-Busui R, Rajagopalan S, Saran R. Predictors of heart rate variability and its prognostic significance in chronic kidney disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012 Feb;27(2):700-9.
2. Chandra P, Kopp JB. Viruses and collapsing glomerulopathy: a brief critical review. Clin Kidney J. 2013 Feb;6(1):1-5.
3. Chandra P, Sands RL, Gillespie BW, Levin NW, Kotanko P, Kiser M, Finkelstein F, Hinderliter A, Rajagopalan S, Sengstock D, Saran R. Relationship between heart rate variability and pulse wave velocity and their association with patient outcomes in chronic kidney disease. Clin Nephrol. 2014 Jan;81(1):9-19.
4. Okamoto K, Rausch JW, Wakashin H, Fu Y, Chung JY, Dummer PD, Shin MK, Chandra P, Suzuki K, Shrivastav S, Rosenberg AZ, Hewitt SM, Ray PE, Noiri E, Le Grice SFJ, Hoek M, Han Z, Winkler CA, Kopp JB. APOL1 risk allele RNA contributes to renal toxicity by activating protein kinase R. Commun Biol. 2018;1:188
5. Chandra P. C4d in Native Glomerular Diseases. Am J Nephrol. 2019;49(1):81-92.
6. Drachenberg CB, Papadimitriou JC, Chandra P, Haririan A, Mendley S, Weir MR, Rubin MF. Epidemiology and Pathophysiology of Glomerular C4d Staining in Native Kidney Biopsies. Kidney Int Rep. 2019 Nov;4(11):1555-1567.
7. Chandra P, Dahiya S, Sanchez-Petitto G, Malik J, Bolanos J, Haririan A, Weir M, Drachenberg C, Rapoport A. Acute glomerulonephritis in a hematopoietic blood stem cell donor. Clin Nephrol Case Stud. 2021;9:81-86.
My primary research interest is glomerular diseases, including primary glomerular diseases, lupus nephritis, vasculitis.