University of Maryland Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship
The University of Maryland Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship is an ACGME accredited one-year fellowship that provides the experience and training necessary to provide consultation, liaison and treatment for patients with complex medical conditions as in a wide variety of medical treatment settings.
The fellowship includes outpatient consultation experiences emphasizing integrated care models and include training in:
- Primary care centers
- HIV clinics
- A vocational rehabilitation center
- Other specialty medical and surgical clinics
npatient consultation focuses on both consultation and liaison aspects of psychiatric treatment of patients with complex medical and psychiatric conditions as they occur in a diverse tertiary treatment setting. Sites include, but are not limited to:
- The R. Adams Cowley Shock-Trauma Center
- The Greenebaum Cancer Center
- The Baltimore VA Hospital
- University of Maryland Medical Center with a multitude of specialty services including nephrology, organ transplantation, HIV, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology and OB/GYN.
The educational program consists of seminars, case conferences, and individual supervision provided for all clinical activities. Additionally, the fellow will have the opportunity to participate in the ambulatory psychiatry training program for internal medicine residents, as well as teach medical students and psychiatry residents. Research experience in conducting a systematic review and meta-analysis will be provided as part of the research curriculum.
The fellowship also includes protected didactic and research time, as well as educational days for conference attendance.
Completion of an approved psychiatric residency program is required.
Program Director: Anique Forrester, MD
Meet the Fellows
The application is available for download in multiple formats. Please complete the application and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Common Application for Consultation Liaison Fellowship
- Common Application for Consultation Liaison Fellowship (MS Word)