Baltimore VA Medical Center
Education and Training
University of Chicago Medical Center - Emergency Medicine Residency
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - Doctor of Medicine
University of Oxford - Master of Business Administration
University of Oxford - MSc by Research in Pharmacology
National Institutes of Health - Research Fellow
Dr. Suh is an ABEM-certified physician and serves as a Clinical Instructor of Emergency Medicine. In addition to academic practice, he has extensive clinical experience in community hospitals ranging from urban Level 1 Trauma Centers to rural Critical Access Hospitals. He also serves as a Major in the Army National Guard.
Prior to embarking on a clinical career, he advised ARCH Venture Partners on early-stage healthcare investments and oversaw healthcare public equities at Farallon Capital Management. As a healthcare investment banker with Lehman Brothers and Citigroup, he completed M&A and IPO transactions for biopharmaceutical companies. He began his business career as a strategy consultant at Oliver Wyman and advised banks, insurance companies, and stock exchanges across Europe and Asia.
His published biomedical research portfolio encompasses comparative effectiveness research, genomics, protein biochemistry, and calcium signal transduction. His current research interests include healthcare finance and policy, biotechnology, entrepreneurship, military medicine, and global health.
Emergency Medicine, Healthcare Finance and Policy, Biotechnology, Entrepreneurship, Military Medicine, Global Health
- Ranasinghe PD, Maruthur NM, Nicholson WK, Yeh HC, Brown T, Suh Y, et al. (2015). Comparative effectiveness of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion using insulin analogs and multiple daily injections in pregnant women with diabetes mellitus. Journal of Women’s Health 24(3):237-249.
- Zenilman J, Valle F, Malas MB, Maruthur N, Qazi U, Suh Y, et al. (2013). Chronic Venous Ulcers: A Comparative Effectiveness Review of Treatment Modalities. AHRQ.
- Golden SH, Brown T, Yeh HC, Maruthur N, Ranasinghe P, Berger Z, Suh Y, et al. (2012). Methods for Insulin Delivery and Glucose Monitoring: Comparative Effectiveness. AHRQ.
- Yeh HC, Brown TT, Maruthur N, Ranasinghe P, Berger Z, Suh YD, et al. (2012). Comparative Effectiveness and Safety of Insulin Delivery and Glucose Monitoring Methods for Diabetes Mellitus: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine 157(5):336-347.
- Tamma PD, Putcha N, Suh YD, Van Arendonk KJ, Rinke ML. (2011). Does Prolonged Beta-lactam Infusions Improve Clinical Outcomes Compared to Intermittent infusions? A Meta-analysis and Systematic Review of Randomized, Controlled Trials. BMC Infectious Diseases 11:181.
- Mohlke KL, et al. (2005). Mitochondrial polymorphisms and susceptibility to type 2 diabetes-related traits in Finns. Human Genetics 118, 245-254.
- Silander K, et al. (2003). A large set of Finnish affected sibling pair families with type 2 diabetes suggests susceptibility loci on chromosomes 6, 11, and 14. Diabetes 53, 821-829.
- Peck EC, Mohlke KL, Jackson AU, Suh Y, et al. (2003). Assessing the role of the mitochondrial genome in type 2 diabetes mellitus and related traits in Finns. Am. Soc. of Human Genetics Abstract.
- Hansen J, McBrayer MK, Robbins M, Suh Y. (2002) A pH Dependence Study on the Unfolding and Refolding of Apoazurin: Comparison with Zn Azurin. Cell Biochemistry & Biophysics 36, 19-40.
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Term Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Marshall Scholar
- Barry Goldwater Scholar
- National Merit Scholar