- Senior Faculty Candidates Must Meet with Dean Prior to Offer. Candidates being considered for the ranks of Associate Professor or Professor, on the tenure track or with tenure, are required to meet with the Dean for a personal interview prior to the release of the offer letter. To schedule, email a CV and brief description to Freda Richards (email@example.com) and copy Monique Ogarro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ONLY U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident candidates can be appointed on the tenure track or with tenure
- To obtain the Dean’s approval of an offer letter, submit the following documentation to the Office of Academic Administration by email to Monique Ogarro (email@example.com) and copy David Ingle (firstname.lastname@example.org). (Offer Packet submission deadline is 5 pm on Tuesday to be reviewed at Thursday meeting)
A. Offer Letter Template (MS Word)
B. One pdf attachment of the following:
- Candidate's CV (Does not need to be in SOM format)
- Salary Sheet including approved FRIS position number
- Faculty confirmation statement (FRCS) instead of FAR
- Copies of any ads (at least 2) as they appeared Taleo & journals in print or on-line, preferably showing the date and journal title
- Screenshot of Taleo applicants' poll showing selected candidates' application.
- Foreign Relationship Questionnaire (MS Word)
Important Notes and Reminders:
- Offer letter submission deadline to the Dean’s Office is 5 pm on Tuesday to be reviewed at Thursday meeting
- Do NOT make an ORAL or WRITTEN offer until you have obtained Dean’s approval of offer
- If you want to hire a foreign national, be familiar with the visa process. A significant amount of lead time is required. Contact the Office of International Services (OIS) with any questions.
- Active UMSOM Faculty Appointment is Required Before UMMC Temporary or Provisional Clinical Privileges May Be Granted:; Therefore, proposed effective dates must allow enough time for the faculty appointment process to be completed.
- Review USM VII - 2.10 – POLICY ON EMPLOYMENT OF MEMBERS OF THE SAME FAMILY (NEPOTISM) when hiring members of the same family