Use MS Word's track changes tool when you modify an offer letter already submitted and revised.
You will be notified by email once the Dean has approved the offer letter.
Once officially approved, you may then offer the candidate the position and, if the offer accepted, begin to gather all Appointment Process paperwork.
For Senior research faculty recruits, contact the Dean’s Office if the candidate’s research team will join him/her in relocating to UMB (ie; other faculty, post-docs and/or research staff). It is very important that you make this determination as soon as possible and then provide David Ingle (email@example.com) with a definitive list of names and job descriptions. This will help to ensure that all necessary procedures with regard to Campus HR policies are followed in a timely manner and the transition is handled smoothly.
Research Associate or Instructor appointments no longer require advertising. Therefore, you can appoint someone at this rank without a search. See Research Associate/Instructor Offer.
- Senior Faculty Candidates Must Meet with Dean Prior to Offer. Candidates being considered for the ranks of Associate Professor or Professor, on the tenure track or with tenure, are required to meet with the Dean for a personal interview prior to the release of the offer letter. To schedule, email a CV and brief description to Freda Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Mona Kiriakos (email@example.com).
- ONLY U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident candidates can be appointed on the tenure track or with tenure
- To obtain the Dean’s approval of an offer letter, submit the following documentation to the Office of Academic Administration by email to Mona Kiriakos (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy David Ingle (email@example.com). (Offer letter submission deadline is Wednesday 12:00 noon to be reviewed on Thursday meeting)
Important Notes and Reminders:
- Offer letter submission deadline to the Dean’s office is Wednesday 12:00 to be reviewed on Thursday meeting
- Do NOT make an ORAL or WRITTEN offer until you have obtained Dean’s approval of offer
- If you want to hire a foreign national, be familiar with the visa process. A significant amount of lead time is required. Contact the Office of International Services (OIS) with any questions.
- Active UMSOM Faculty Appointment is Required Before UMMC Temporary or Provisional Clinical Privileges May Be Granted:; Therefore, proposed effective dates must allow enough time for the faculty appointment process to be completed.
- Review USM VII - 2.10 – POLICY ON EMPLOYMENT OF MEMBERS OF THE SAME FAMILY (NEPOTISM) when hiring members of the same family
Campus policies and procedures