Education and Training
B.S, 2009, Applied Physics and Chemistry, Arcadia University, Glenside, PA
Ph.D, 2014, Medical Physics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Therapeutic Medical Physics Residency, 2014-2016, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Dr. Lamichhane comes to us from Kathmandu, Nepal. He attended Arcadia University in Glenside, PA where he received his Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics and Chemistry. He then went on to finish his Doctorate in Medical Physics at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. He finished his Therapeutic Medical Physics residency from Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
Molecular and Quantitative Imaging, Nanotechnology in Radiation Therapy, Quality Assurance, Treatment Planning
- Lamichhane N, Patel VN, Studenski MT, “Going the distance: Validation of Acuros and AAA at an extended distance of 400 cm, J. Clin. Appl. Med Phys. 2016; 17(2): 63-73.
- Hoffman D, Sun M, Yang L, MCDonagh PR, Corwin F, Sundaresan G, Wang L, Vijayaragavan V, Thadigiri C, Lamichhane N, Zweit J, “ Intrinsically radiolabeled [(59Fe)]-SPIONs for dual MRI/radionuclide detection” Am J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2014 Sep 6; 4 (6):548-60.
- Sun M, Sundaresan G, Jose P, Yang L, Hoffman D, Lamichhane N, Zweit J “Highly stable intrinsically radiolabeled indium-111 quantum dots with multidentate zwitterionic surface coating: dual modality tool for biological imaging” J. Mater. Chem. B,2014, 2, 4456-4466.
- Dewkar GK , Sundaresan G, Lamichhane N, , Hirsch J, Thadigiri C, Collier T, Hartman M, Vaidyanthan G, Zweit J. “Microfluidic radiosynthesis and in vivo evaluation of [18F] 2-(5- fluoro-pentyl)-2-methyl malonic acid” J. Labelled. Compd and Radiopharm. 2013, 56,289.
- Yang L, Sundaresan G , Sun M, Jose P , Hoffman D ,McDonagh PR , Lamichhane N, Cutler CS, Perez JM, Zweit J. “Intrinsically radiolabeled multifunctional cerium oxide nanoparticles for in vivo studies” J. Mater. Chem. B, 2013, 1, 1421-1431.
- Sun M, Hoffman D, Sundaresan G, Yang L, Lamichhane N, Zweit J: “Synthesis and characterization of intrinsically radio-labeled quantum dots for bimodal detection” Am J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 2012; 2(2): 122-135.