Education and Training
Medical & Graduate School:
- Ph.D., NYU Grossman School of Medicine, NY (2016)
- M.D., NYU Grossman School of Medicine, NY (2018)
- Internal Medicine, NYU Langone Hospital Long Island, NY (2021)
- Hospice & Palliative Care, Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, NY (2022)
- Internal Medicine (2021)
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2022)
Dr. Lutz received his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees from NYU Grossman School of Medicine in NYC. He then completed residency training in internal medicine at NYU Long Island in NY, followed by fellowship training in hospice and palliative medicine at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens NY.
Dr. Lutz is a faculty member of the Palliative Care consultation team, serving the needs of patients admitted to the various medical and surgical services. He maintains an interest in teaching medical students and residents, as well as clinical research interests involving the palliative care needs of underserved communities of Baltimore, especially those of the LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC communities.
LGBTQIA, SGM, BIPOC, health care equity, palliative care
- Siddiqui S, Lutz G, Tabatabai A, et al. Early Guided Palliative Care Communication for Patients With COVID-19 Receiving ECMO. Am J Crit Care. 2023;32(3):166-174. doi:10.4037/ajcc2023184. Published May 2023
- Lutz G, Ehrlich M. Barriers to LGBTQIA-Inclusive Palliative Care. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. Published 2022 Sep 16. doi:10.1177/10499091221127990
- Lutz G, Sivasubramaniam V. Palliation of Functional Constipation in Routine and Special Populations. J Palliat Care Med. 12:472. Published 2022 Sep.
- Lutz G, Jurak I, Kim ET, et al. Viral Ubiquitin Ligase Stimulates Selective Host MicroRNA Expression by Targeting ZEB Transcriptional Repressors. Viruses. 2017;9(8):210. Published 2017 Aug 7. doi:10.3390/v9080210
- Faculty Teacher of the Year Award, UMSOM (2022-23)