Clinical Associate Professor
Medical Director of Advance Depression treatment Center (ADepT). & Electroconvulsive Therapy Attending Psychiatrist, Geriatric Psychiatry Division
Education and Training
- MBBS, Guntur Medical College, Andhra University, India - 1974
Post Graduate Education and Training
- Rotating Internship, Government General Hospital, Guntur, India - 1973 to 1974
- PGY-I Psychiatry Residency, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY - 1977 to 1978
- PGY- II, III, IV Psychiatry Residency, Mt Sinai Services, City Hospital Center at Elmhurst, NY - 1978 to 1981
- Visiting fellowship in Transcranial Magnetic stimulation (TMS) at Duke University School of Medicine in 1/2023
- Diplomat in specialty of General Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - April 1983 (no expiration)
- Diplomat in subspecialty of Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - 3/1/1992 to 12/31/2002
- Recertified in Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - 1/1/2001 to 12/31/2011
- Recertified in Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - 4/2011 to 12/31/2022
- Recertified in Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - 1/1/2023 to 12/31/2025
- State of Marylannd
Graduated from medical school in India. Immigrated to USA in 1976. Completed psychiatry residency training at Mount Sinai Services, New York in 1981. After residency training, joined faculty of Mount Sinai in 1982 and was involved in psychopharmacology research funded by NIMH. Worked as unit chief of Long Island Jewish/ Hillside Hospital psychiatry residency training unit from 1989 to 1990. Worked at Our Lady of Mercy Medical center, Bronx, NY as Chief of Inpatient Psychiatry unit from 1991 to 1994, Associate Director, Department of Psychiatry and Director of Education and Psychiatry Residency Training from 1995 to 1999 and as Director, Department of Psychiatry from 1999 to 2002. From 1992 to 2012 worked as Chief of Geriatric Psychiatry Service at St. Vincent's Hospital Westchester, Harrison, NY. Joined faculty of University of Maryland School of Medicine in 2012.
I provide psychiatry treatment to adults and older adults and perform electroconvulsive therapy and transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
My research interests include ECT treatment for Refractory Status Epilepticus, Psychopharmacology, Major Neurocognitive Disorders (Dementia) of Alzheimer's type
Psychopharmacology, Geriatric Psychiatry, Electroconvulsive Therapy and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
1. WT Regenold, L Adler, JB Blumenthal, SR Doddi, DJ Loreck, KL Mordecai. Aβ42 Plasma Levels are Increased in Cognitively Impaired Individuals Taking ACE Inhibitor and ARB Antihypertensives The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 24 (3), S141-S142
2. Seshagiri Doddi, Arthur Rifkin, Basawaraj Karajgi, Thomas Cooper and Michael Borenstein. Blood Level of Haloperidol and Clinical outcome in Schizophrenia. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1994; Vol.14: No.3, pp 187-195
3. Arthur Rifkin, Seshagiri Doddi, Basawaraj Karajgi, Michael Borenstein, Morton Wachspress. Dosage of Haloperidol for Schizophrenia. Arch of Gen Psychiatry, 1991; Vol.48; No.2, pp 166-170.
4. Arthur Rifkin, Seshagiri Doddi, Basawaraj Karajgi, Nusrath Hasan, Luz Alvarez. Benzodiazepine Use and Abuse by patients at Outpatient Clinics. Am J Psychiatry, 1989; Vol. 146: No.10, pp 1331-1332
5. Arthur Rifkin, Seshagiri Doddi, Basawaraj Karajgi, Michael Borenstein, Ralph Munne. Dosage of Haloperidol for Mania. Br J Psychiatry, 1994; vol. 165; pp 113-116.
- Samuel G. Siris, Arthur Rifkin, Gerard T. Reardon, Seshagiri R. Doddi, Patricia Foster, Alene Strahan and Victoria Morgan. The Dexamethasone Suppression Test in Patients with Postpsychotic Depressions. Biol Psychiatry, 1984; Vol. 19: No.9, pp 1351-1356.
- Samuel G. Siris, Arthur Rifkin, Gerard T. Reardon, Seshagiri R. Doddi, Patricia Foster and Elaine Casey. A Trial of Adjunctive Imipramine in Postpsychotic Depression. Psychopharmacol Bull, 1985; Vol. 21: No.1, pp 114-116.
- Samuel G. Siris, Arthur Rifkin, Gerard T. Reardon, Seshagiri R. Doddi, Alene Strahan and Katherine S. Hall. Stability of Postpsychotic Depression Syndrome. J Clin Psychiatry, 1986;
- Arthur Rifkin, Seshagiri Doddi, Basawaraj Karajgi, Morton Wachspress, Vijaya Boppana. Neuroleptic Treatment and Prediction of Response. Psychopharmacol bull, 1988, Vol 24: No1, pp 169-171
- Arthur Rifkin, Basawaraj Karajgi, Seshagiri Doddi, Thomas Cooper. dose and Blood Levels of Haloperidol in treatment of Mania. Psychopharmacol Bull, 1990, Vol 26; no.1, pp 144-146
- H. George Nurenberg, Arthur Rifkin, Seshagiri Doddi. A Systemic Assessment of the Comorbidity of DSM-III-R Personality Disorders in Alcoholic Outpatients. Compr psychiatry, 1993, Vol 34: No 6 (November/December), pp 447-454
- Lawrence Adler, William Regenold, Seshagiri Doddi. A catatonia model as dysregulated glutamatergic cortico-thalamic-cortico neurotransmission. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NEUROPSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY 17, 83-84
- William T Regenold, Lawrence Adler, Jacob B Blumenthal, Seshagiri R Doddi, David J Loreck, Kristen L Mordecai, Gina Scarinzi. Aβ42 Plasma Levels are increased in Cognitively Impaired Individuals Taking ACE Inhibitor and ARB Antihypertensives. The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 24 (3), S141-S142
- William T Regenold, Jacob B Blumenthal, David J Loreck, Kristen L Mordecai, Gina Scarinzi, Seshagiri R Doddi, Lawrence Adler. Elevated Plasma Aβ42 in Cognitively Impaired Individuals Taking ACE Inhibitor Antihypertensives.
American journal of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, ISSN 1533-3175; Vol. 32; no. 6; pp. 347 - 352
- Seshagiri R Doddi, Matthew Lotz, William T Regenold, Lawrence Adler. Electroconvulsive Therapy in a Patient With a Recent Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Journal of ECT. J ECT.2018 Mar;34(1 ): e2-e4. doi: 10.1097/YCT
- Michael S Peroski, Michael M Chu, Seshagiri R Doddi, William T Regenold. The Safety of Electroconvulsive Therapy in Patients With Implanted Deep Brain Stimulators: A Review of the Literature and Case Report. The Journal of ECT.35(2):84-90, June 2019.
- Danae DiRocco, Seshagiri Rao Doddi. A Case Study of Prazosin-Induced Hypothermia. American Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience. Vol. 9, No. 3, 2021, pp. 115-117. doi: 10.11648/j.ajpn.20210903.17
- Xiaolin Deng , Paulo J. Negro Jr., Patrick L. Jung, Christopher M. Marano, Stephanie Knight, Seshagiri R. Doddi, Nana Y. A. Nimo, Rachel M. LeMalefant, Drew A. Myers, Andrea K. Haake, and Rebecca Chandler. Case Report: Clinical evaluation and management of a 45-year-old man with confusion, psychosis, agitation, stereotyped behavior, and impaired speech. Case Reports in Psychiatry. Volume 2022 |Article ID 8162871 | https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/8162871
- Matthew R. Woodward, Seshagiri Doddi, Christopher Marano, William Regenold, Jennifer Pritchard, Stephanie Chen , Megan Margiotta, Wan-Tsu W. Chang, Ayham Alkhachroum, Nicholas A. Morris. Evaluating salvage electroconvulsive therapy for the treatment of prolonged super refractory status epilepticus: A case series. Epilepsy & Behavior. Volume 144, July 2023. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2023.109286
- Doddi SR. Depression in older adults. Clinical Geriatrics edited by Dharmarajan TS, Norman RA ed.. London, UK & New York, NY: The Parthenon Publishing Group, 2003.
1. Fellow, American Psychiatric Association - 1998
2. Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association - 2002
3. Distinguished Life Fellow, American Psychiatric Association - 2014
- Psychiatry Consultant for a free clinic operated by Indo-American Psychiatric Services at Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Flushing, NY - 2000 to 2005
- Treasurer & Secretary, Bronx District Branch of American Psychiatry Association - 1996 to 2000
- President-Elect, Bronx District Branch of American Psychiatry Association - 2000 to 2002
- President, Bronx District Branch of American Psychiatric Association - 2002 to 2003