110 S. Paca St. 8th Floor Suite 820
Education and Training
- Princeton University, BA, 2005
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, MD, 2012
- Residency - Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, University of Chicago Medicine, 2012-2016
- Fellowship - Medical Education (MERITS), University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 2015-2016
- Fellowship - Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2017-2020
- Fellowship - T32 Research Fellowship - Pediatric Cardiology/Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2020-2021
- Master of Health Science, Clinical Investigation, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2020-2021
Dr. Dante is an Assitant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Critical Care. He is boarded in Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, and Pediatric Critical Care. He completed his residency at the University of Chicago and fellowship at Johns Hopkins University. He was recognized for his teaching with both the Omolara Olaniyan Fellow Appreciation Award by the Harriet Lane Housestaff for "Dedication to Teaching and Patient Care" and the Ivor Berkowitz Education Excellence Award by residents and junior fellows on the "basis of his dedication to and impact on the education of trainess in pediatric critical care medicine."
Dr. Dante is interested in resuscitation with a focus on extracorporeal life support and transport of critically ill children. Both interests build on his background as a paramedic prior to attending medical school.
ECMO, Resuscitation, ECPR, Pediatric Transport
Camp-Rogers T, Dante S, Kontos MC, Roberts CS, Kreisa L, and Kurz MC. The impact of prehospital
activation of the cardiac catheterization team on time to treatment for patients presenting with ST-segmentelevation
myocardial infarction. Am J Emerg Med. 2011; 29(9):1117-24.
Kurz MC, Dante SA, Puckett BJ. Estimating the impact of off-balancing forces upon cardiopulmonary
resuscitation during ambulance transport. Resuscitation. 2012 Sep; 83(9):1085-9.
Eblovi, D, Kelly, P, Afua, G, Agyapong, S, Dante, S, Pellerite, M. Retention and Use of Newborn Resuscitation Skills Following a Series of Helping Babies Breathe Training for Midwives in Rural Ghana. Glob Health Action. 2017; 10(1):1387985
Etchill EW, Dante SA, Garcia AV. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in the pediatric population - who
should go on, and who should not. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2020;32(3):416-423.