110 S Paca 03-072
Education and Training
- 1996-2000 Miami University. Oxford, Ohio. B.A., Zoology, Cum laude
- 2000-2004 The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Columbus, Ohio. M.D.
- 2011-2015 University of Maryland, Baltimore. Baltimore, Maryland. M.S., Clinical Research
Post Graduate Education and Training
- 2004-2005 University of Maryland Medical Center and Baltimore VA Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine Internship
- 2005-2008 University of Maryland Medical Center and Baltimore VA Medical Center, Department of Neurology Residency Program
- 2008-2009 University of Maryland Medical Center, Department of Neurology, Neuromuscular Division Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology
Dr. Lindsay Zilliox is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology, Neuromuscular Division at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She graduated from The Ohio State University College of Medicine and completed her neurology residency and fellowship in clinical neurophysiology at the University of Maryland Medical Center and the Baltimore VA Medical Center. She is board certified in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology and holds a masters degree in Clinical Research from the University of Maryland.
Dr. Zilliox has clinical research interests in peripheral neuropathies and specifically in lifestyle interventions in the treatment of neuropathy in diabetes and prediabetes as well as the metabolic syndrome. In addition she performs nerve conduction studies and electromyography as well as autonomic nervous system testing.
neuropathy, diabetic neuropathy, clinical neurophysiology, electromyography, autonomic nervous system testing
Zilliox LA, Chadrasekaram K, Kwan JY, Russell JW. Diabetes and Cognitive Impairment. Curr Diab Rep. 2016;16(9):87. PMID: 27491830
Zilliox LA, Ruby SK, Singh S, Zhan M, Russell JW. Clinical neuropathy scales in neuropathy associated with impaired glucose tolerance. J Diabetes Complications. 2015;29(3):372-7. PMID: 25690405
Russell JW, Zilliox LA. Diabetic neuropathies. Continuum. 2014;20(5):1226-40. PMID 25299279.
Zilliox L, Peltier AC, Wren PA, Anderson A, Smith AG, Singleton JR, Feldman EL, Alexander NB, Russell JW. Assessing autonomic dysfunction in early diabetic neuropathy: the Survey of Autonomic Symptoms. Neurology. 2011;76(12):1099-105. PMID: 21422460
Zilliox L, Russell JW. Treatment of diabetic sensory polyneuropathy. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2011;13(2):143-59. PMID:21274758