Education and Training
2004: B.S. Applied Math, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
2008: M.S. Applied Math, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
2013: Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- K. Colton, S. Yang, P. Hu, H.H. Chen, B. Bonds, T.M. Scalea, D.M. Stein, Intracranial pressure response after pharmacologic treatment of intracranial hypertension, J. of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery,Vol. 77, Issue 1, p47-53, Jul 2014
- S. Yang, K. Kalpakis, A. Biem, Detecting Road Traffic Events by Coupling Multiple Timeseries with Nonparametric Bayesian Method, IEEE Transactions on Intelligenct Transportation Systems,Vol. No.99, 2014.
- C.J. Diamantidis, W. Fink, S. Yang, M.R. Zuckerman, J. Ginsberg, P.Hu, Y. Xiao, and J.C. Fink, Directed Use of the Internet for Health Information by Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: Prospective Cohort Study, J. of Medical Internet Research, Vol.15, No. 11, p.e251, 2013.
- Deborah M. Stein, Megan Brenner, Peter F. Hu, S. Yang, Erin C. Hall, L. G. Stansbury, J. Menaker, T. M. Scalea, Timing of Intracranial Hypertension Following Severe Traumatic Brain Injury, J. Neurocritical Care, (DOI) 10.1007/s12028-013-9832-3, Springer, 2013.
- S. Yang, K. Kalpakis, Colin F. Mackenzie, Lynn G Stansbury, Deborah M. Stein, Thomas M. Scalea, P. F. Hu, Online Recovery of Missing Values in Vital Signs Data Streams using Low-rank Matrix Completion, 11th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications ICMLA 2012,pp.281-287.
- K. Kalpakis, S. Yang, Peter Hu, C. F. Mackenzie, L. Stansbury, D.M. Stein, T.M. Scalea, Outcome Prediction for Patients with Severe Traumatic Brain Injury Using Permutation Entropy Analysis of Electronic Vital Signs Data, Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition, 415-426.
- D. M. Stein, P. F. Hu, H. Chen, S. Yang, L. G. Stansbury, T.M. Scalea, Computational gene mapping to analyze continuous automated physiologic monitoring data in neuro-trauma intensive care, The Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery 73 (2), 419-425
- CJ Diamantidis, M Zuckerman, W Fink, Peter Hu, S. Yang, JC Fink, Usability of a CKD Educational Website Targeted to Patients and Their Family Members, Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology
- T. Blattner, S. Yang, Performance study on CUDA GPUs for parallelizing the local ensemble transformed Kalman filter algorithm, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Volume 24, Issue 2, pages 167-177, February 2012, John Wiley & Sons.
- S. Yang, MK Gobbert, The optimal relaxation parameter for the SOR method applied to the Poisson equation in any space dimensions, Applied Mathematics Letters 22 (3), 325-331
Large scale data analysis. Medical sensor signal processing. Developing efficient machine learning algorithms to predict life saving interventions and long term outcomes for trauma patients.