Education and Training
- 2006-2010 B.S., Biology, Towson University
- 2010-2012 M.H.S., Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Public Health
- 2012-2016 M.D., Penn State University College of Medicine
- 2016-2017 Internship, Internal Medicine, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- 2017-2020 Residency, Anesthesiology & Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- 2020-2021 Fellowship, Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain, Hospital for Special Surgery
- 2021-2021 Medical Acupuncture, Helms Medical Acupuncture Institute
- 2021-2022 Fellowship, Trauma Anesthesiology, R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma University of Maryland
Torrie AM, Brookman JC, Samet RE. Regional Analgesia and Acute Compartment Syndrome. Curr Anes Reports. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40140-022-00528-y
Torrie AM, Brookman JC. Case Report on Apparent Reversal of a Successful Peripheral Neural Blockade by Intralipid 20% after treating patient for LAST. A&A Practice. 2020 Nov;14(13).
Bicket MC, Park J, Torrie AM, Allen S, Weir B, Sherman S. Factors associated with chronic pain and non-medical opioid use among people who inject drugs. Addict Behav. 2020;102.
Shahbazian JH, Hahn P, Ludwig S, Ferguson J, Baron P, Christ A, Spicer K, Tolomeo P, Torrie AM, Bilker WB, Cluzet VC, Hu B; Julian K, Nachamkin I, Rankin S, Morris DO, Lautenbach E, Davis MF. Multidrug and mupirocin resistance in environmental methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) collected from the homes of people diagnosed with a community-onset (CO-) MRSA infection. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83(22).
Torrie AM, Sharma J, Mason, M. Cruz-Eng, H. Regional Anesthesia did not delay diagnosis of Compartment Syndrome: A case report of Anterior Compartment Syndrome in the Thigh not masked by an Adductor Canal Catheter. Am J of Case Rep. 2017;18: 444-447.
Torrie AM, Kesler W, Elkin J, Gallo R. Osteochondral allografts. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2015;8(4):413-422.
Regional Anesthesiology, Trauma Anesthesiology, Acute Pain in Trauma, Applying Personalized Medicine to Pain Patients, Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS), Pre-hospital POCUS
Clinical Specialty Details
- Anesthesiology - Board Certified
- ASA Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) - Certified/Mentor
- FATE Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) - Certified/Instructor
- Medical Acupuncture - Certified
- Transthoracic Echocardiography
Awards and Affiliations
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Delta Omega Public Health Honor Society - Alpha Chapter
Grants and Contracts
Johns Hopkins NPRI award: Precision in Medicine for opioid use during and after surgery: the role of SNPs