Division Head of Pulmonology/Allergy
737 W. Lombard St., 314
Education and Training
First year required rotatory internship. Metropolitan General Hospital. Panama City, Panama. Affiliated with the U. of Panama School of Medicine (1992-93).
Second year required rotatory internship. Dionisio Arrocha Rural Hospital. Puerto Armuelles, Province of Chiriqui, Rep. of Panama (1994-95).
Pediatric Residency. Monmouth Medical Center. Long Branch, NJ (1996-99).
Fellowship: Pediatric Pulmonology. St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Philadelphia, PA (1999-02).
Research training. St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Philadelphia, PA (2002-03).
Asthma Aspiration Pneumonia Chronic Lung Disease
1. Lasso Pirot A, Fritz KI, Ashraf QM, Mishra OP, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M. Effects of Severe Hypocapnia on Expression of Bax and Bcl-2 Proteins, DNA Fragmentation, and Membrane Peroxidation Products in Cerebral Cortical Mitochondria of Newborn Piglets. Biology of the Neonate. 2006
2. Pirot AL, Goldsmith D, Pascasio J, Beck SE. Pulmonary capillaritis with hemorrhage due to propylthioracil therapy in a child. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2005 Jan; 39(1):88-92.
3. Lasso Pirot, A, Delgado-Villalta S, Spanier AJ. Early childhood wheezers: identifying asthma in later life. J Asthma Allergy. 2015 Jul 13;8:63-73. Review.
* Diagnosis and management of aspiration syndromes in children
* Asthma and other chronic lung diseases
* The management of respiratory disease in underserved populations, in particular, latino-american children
Dr. Lasso is a pediatric pulmonologist fluent in English and Spanish, with a working level in spoken French. She is interested in the care of infants and children with chronic lung diseases.
Top Doctor-Washington Post 2012-14
Top Doctor-Baltimore Magazine 2009-present
Dr. Lasso is the Division Head of the Division of Pediatric Pulmonary, Allergy and Sleep