Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Education and Training
- RWTH (Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule) University of Aachen, Germany; Mechanical Engineering
- University of Bonn, Germany; Medical School
- Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen, Germany
- University of Ulm, Germany
- Case Western Reserve (CWRU) University Cleveland
Dr.Fleiter is a member of the Shock Trauma Section of the Department of Diagnostic Imaging at the University of Maryland Medical Center and is involved in the development of new imaging methods to improve the timely detection of acute injuries. He developed several 3D and 4D imaging techniques including Virtual Endoscopy, 4D ultrasound probes, 3D models and surgical guides and together with biomedical engineering targeting nano-particles for Multi-Energy (Spectral) Computed Tomography. He was the founder of the laboratory for advanced imaging, visualization and virtual reality (RaVis) at the University of Ulm, Germany which focused on the analysis of flow dynamics in vascular stents and received several awards for the developments and publications.
1990-1994 CT, MRI, Angiography and General Imaging, 3D lab for advanced imaging. University of Tuebingen, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Germany
1995-2002 CT and General imaging Development of new scanning and imaging techniques. Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Ulm, Germany
1999-2002 Founder and head of the laboratory for advanced imaging, visualization and virtual reality (RaVis), University of Ulm, Germany
1999-2002 Head of CT Imaging Lab for Development of new scanning and imaging techniques University of Ulm, Germany
2005 Virtual endoscopy, Filet view reconstruction for virtual colonography,US patent 60/62051 US
2005 Virtual endoscopy, Filet view reconstruction, International patent, PCT/IB2005/051810
2008 Intervention applications of real time x-ray computed tomography, WO2008121578 A3
2011 Gold nanoparticle imaging agents and uses thereof, US20110110858 A1
Advanced Computed Tomography, Multi-Energy Computed Tomography, 3D imaging, Virtual Endoscopy, Computed Tomography based implants and surgical guides, Smart implants, Computational Flow Dynamics, Targeting contrast media, 4D ultrasound, Realtime intra-operative 3D imaging,
- Fleiter T, Erdtmann B, Hoffmann J. Pre-operative model generation using high resolution Spiral CT and Stereolithography. Radiologe 1993 33: 554
- Trattnig S, Braunschweig R, Fleiter T. Dynamic 3D imaging of peripheral vessels using colorcoded Doppler ultrasound. Ultraschall Med. 1993 Apr;14(2):85-9
- Fleiter T, Merkle EM, Aschoff AJ, Lang G, Stein M, Gorich J, Liewald F, Rilinger N, Sokiranski Comparison of real-time virtual, fiberoptic bronchoscopy in patients with bronchial carcinoma: opportunities, limitations. AJR Am J Roentgenol.. 1997 Dec;169(6):1591-5.
- Pless D, Boll DT, Goerich J, Fleiter TR, Scharrer-Pamler R, Brambs HJ. Multislice CT and Computational Fluid Dynamics: a new technique to visualize, analyze and simulate hemodynamics in aortic aneurysms and stent grafts. Stud Health Techno lInform. 2001 1:93-5.
- Juchems MS, Pless D, Fleiter TR, Gabelmann A, Liewald F, Brambs HJ, Aschoff AJ. Noninvasive, multi detector row (MDR) CT based computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis of hemodynamics in infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) before and after endovascular repair. Rofo Fortschr Geb Rontgenstr Neuen Bildgeb. Verfahr. 2004 Jan;176(1):56-61
- Boll DT, Merkle EM, Paulson EK, Mirza RA, Fleiter TR. Calcified vascular plaque specimens: assessment with cardiac dual-energy multidetector CT in anthropomorphically moving heart phantom. Radiology 2008 249(1):119-26
- Boll DT, Merkle EM, Paulson EK, Fleiter TR. Coronary stent patency: dual-energy multidetector CT assessment in a pilot study with anthropomorphic phantom. Radiology 2008 247(3):687-95
- Ghann WE,Aras O, Fleiter T, Daniel MC. Syntheses and chracterization of lisinopril-coated gold nanoparticles as highly stable targeted CT contrast agents in cardiovascular diseases. Langmuir.2012 17;28:10398-408.
- Bodanapally UK,Dreizin D, Issa G, Archer-Arroyo KL, Sudini K, Fleiter TR Dual-Energy CT in Enhancing Subdural Effusions that Masquerade as Subdural Hematomas: Diagnosis with Virtual High-Monochromatic (190-keV) Images. AJNR. AM J Neuroradiolog. Aug 2017; doi: 10.3174/ajnr.A5318.
Awards and Affiliations
Editorial board European Radiology