Undergraduate Medical Education
The four Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) offices work collaboratively to successfully steward our medical students from application to graduation. We provide an inclusive learning environment that develops leaders in medicine who strive to improve the health and well-being of patients and communities through high-quality and equitable patient care, research, education, and engagement in a culturally relevant and socially responsible manner.
UME faculty works with our students in UMSOM’s nationally and internationally known programs, institutes, and research centers including:
- Institute of Human Virology (IHV)
- Institute for Genome Sciences (IGS)
- Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health (CVD)
- Program in Health Equity and Population Health
- Center for Integrative Medicine
- Center for Shock Trauma and Anesthesiology Research (STAR)
- Program in Oncology
Becoming a Physician
The following Offices of the Dean are here to help.
- Office of Admissions
- Office of Medical Education
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Student Research
Combined Degree Programs
Our mission is to train a diverse and creative cadre of physician-scientists who will become leaders in their chosen fields of research, develop new knowledge and translate it to enhance clinical practice.
Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP)
The MD/Masters Programs at the UMSOM provide medical students with advanced training in specific areas to complement and enhance their medical training and maximize opportunities after graduation.