Assistant Residency Director - Resident Management, Department of Emergency Medicine
Residency Program Director
Education and Training
University of Mayland, College Park, B.S. Biology (Neurophysiology), 2005
University of Maryland School of Medicine, M.D., 2010
University of Maryland Medical Center, Emergency Medicine Residency, 2010-2013
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Faculty Development Fellowship, 2013
Dr. Dubbs is an Assistant Professor in Emergency Medicine, and the Director of the Emergency Medicine Residency Program. After her residency training at the University of Maryland Medical Center, she completed a Faculty Development Fellowship with a certificate from the American College of Emergency Physicians Teaching Fellowship. She worked in the community hospital setting before returning to UMMC. In addition to medical education, Dr. Dubbs has interests oncologic emergencies, with numerous publications, podcasts, and national and international invitational lectures on these topics. She has won many teaching awards, including the ACEP National Junior Faculty Teaching Award. She is also developing her interests in process and quality improvement, hospital administration, and is a cheerleader for the advancement of women in the house of medicine.
Emergency Medicine, Medical Education, hematologic and oncologic emergencies, obstetric and gynecologic emergencies
- Journal Issue Guest Editor: Kaide CG, Dubbs SB. Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies. Emerg Med Clin North Am, 2018 Aug;36(3).
- Section Editor: Hematology, Oncology, and Immunology in Corependium Textbook of Emergency Medicine (2019)
- Associate Editor: Oncologic Emergency Medicine: Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition. Springer Publishing. (in progress)
- Dubbs SB, Spangler R. Hypothyroidism: Causes, Killers, and Life-Saving Treatments. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2014 May;32(2):303-17. doi: 10.1016/j.emc.2013.12.003. Epub 2014 Mar 6. Review. PMID: 24766934
- Dubbs SB, Tewelde, S. Cardiovascular Catastrophes in the Obstetric Population. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2015 Aug;33(3):483-500. doi: 10.1016/j.emc.2015.04.001. PMID: 26226861
- Ben-Yakov M, Brady WJ, Mattu, Dubbs SB. Printzmetal angina (coronary vasospasm) associated with 5-fluorouracil chemotherap Am J Emerg Med. 2017 Mar 1. pii: S0735-6757(17)30157-2. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2017.02.046. PMID: 28283339.
- Kaide CG, Dubbs SB. The Heme-Onc Tidal Wave: Are you prepared? Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2018. Aug;36(3):xv-xvi. doi: 10.1016/j.emc.2018.05.001. PMID 30037451.
- Honasoge AP, Dubbs SB. Rapid Fire: Pericardial Tamponade. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2018. Aug;36(3):557-565. doi: 1016/j.emc.2018.04.004. Epub 2018 Jun 11. Review. PMID: 30037442.
- Dubbs SB, Honasoge AP. Rapid Fire: Central Nervous System Emergencies. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2018. Aug;36(3):537-548. doi: 1016/j.emc.2018.04.010. Epub 2018 Jun 12. Review. PMID 30037440.
- Dubbs SB. Rapid Fire: Tumor Lysis Syndrome. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2018. Aug;36(3):517-525. doi: 1016/j.emc.2018.04.003. Review. PMID 30037438.
- Dubbs SB. The Latest Cancer Agents and Their Complications. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2018. Aug;36(3):485-492. doi: 1016/j.emc.2018.04.006. Epub 2018 Jun 11. Review. PMID 30037436.
- Birch SA, Dubbs SB, Bontempo LJ, Dezman ZD. 83-year-old Woman with a Fever and Emesis. Clin Pract Cases Emerg Med. 2018 Oct;2(4):X-X. DOI 10.5811/cpcem.2018.10.40507. PMID 30443605.
- Dubbs SB, Blosser KM, Richardson AC. A smartphone, a slit lamp, and an ophthalmology consult. Clin Case Rep. Epub 2019 Aug 20. doi: 10.1002/ccr3.2381.
- Dubbs SB, Sommerkamp S. Evaluation and Management of Urinary Tract Infection in the Emergency Department. Emerg Med Clin North Am. Epub 2019 Aug 19. doi: 1016/j.emc.2010.07.007.
- Oncologic Emergencies
- Medical Education
Fellow, American Academy of Emergency Medicine
Gold Humanism Honor Society
ACEP National Junior Faculty Teaching Award