Clinical Assistant Professor
110 S. Paca Street 6th Floor, Suite 200
Education and Training
Residency: Emergency Medicine, University of Maryland
Undergraduate, University of Rochester
Medical School, University of Miami
Similar to the field of Emergency Medicine Dr. Abraham has varied academic interests. He has lectured locally, nationally, and internationally on topics relating to Emergency Medicine. His main interest in both research and academic endeavors is in the field of neurological emergencies. He has published articles, coordinated mutli-center research as a PI in the Neurological Emergency Treatment Trials (NETT) consortium. He also has a special interest in teaching procedures and is a co-developer of a cadaver based course designed to teach high-risk critical procedures to EM physicians. He has served as editor for books on traumatic orthopedic injuries and neurological emergencies. He has also been involved in many administrative functions within the Department of Emergency Medicine. He has served as the Assistant Residency Program Director from 2009-2016 and as the Assistant Medical Director for the University of Maryland Medical Center Adult Emergency Department. Currently, he is the Chairman of the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Maryland UpperChesapeake Health System.
Administration Neurological Emergencies Orthopedic Injuries
- Reynolds JC, Abraham MK, Barrueto F Jr, Lemkin DL, Hirshon JM. Propofol for procedural sedation and analgesia reduced dedicated emergency nursing time while maintaining safety in a community emergency department. Journal of Emergency Nursing 39(5):502-507, September 2013.
- Nable JV, Greenwood JC, Abraham MK, Bond MC, Winters ME. Implementation of a team-based physician staffing model at an academic emergency department. Western Journal of Emergency Medicine 15(6):682-686, September 2014.
- Abraham MK, Perkins J, Vilke GM, Coyne CJ. Influenza in the emergency department: vaccination, diagnosis, and treatment: clinical practice paper approved by American Academy of Emergency Medicine Clinical Guidelines Committee. Journal of Emergency Medicine 50(3):536-542, March 2016.
- Bond MC, Brown JV, Shaheen SP, Abraham MK. The orthopedic literature 2015. American Journal of Emergency Medicine 34(8):1663-1667, August 2016.
- Crouter AJ, Abraham MK, Wilkerson RG. Emphysematous pyelonephritis in a renal allograft. American Journal of Emergency Medicine 35(3):520.e1-520.e2, March 2017.