To meet the need for high-quality data capture and management in modern research, CTRIC offers a variety of tools to the UMB research community.
Our staff is trained to help researchers utilize the most current technological advantages. Many generic resources can be customized to meet the needs of your study.
REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Learn more about REDCap by watching this video.
Now researchers can access all the details of a study from anywhere using REDCap. Log in to the secure site and enter data, manage subjects, update protocol details, manage users, export a dataset, verify data entry, and more. Our staff can help researchers set up rules to automate data verification. Give any member of the study team access to the study site with varying levels of permission and user status.
There is no cost to access REDCap, and a limited amount of complimentary help desk assistance will be provided. If you need more assistance than that, or you would like to have someone from our team build and maintain the database for you, we can discuss a pricing structure (contact Tamar Pair).
To use UMB REDCap, please see the following:
- To gain access to the UMB REDCap system, send an email to email@example.com requesting access. Use "UMB REDCap Access" in your subject heading.
- Include your first/last name, email, and UMID (ex. jsmith, joe.smith). If you do not have a UMID, or are an affiliate/reserch collaborator please reach out to your UMB PI to submit to us the following: Your first/last name, primary email address, DOB (mm/dd/yyyy), porject title or IRB protocol #, and UMB PI's name and email address.
- Once you have been added to the system, instructions will be sent to you on how to download the VPN and access the REDCap program successfully.
First Time Users (first time logging in)
If you have received your REDCap user information and instructions, but have not logged in yet:
- Download/install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN on your device (follow the 5 steps below). If you don't have admin rights to your PC seek your department's IT help.
- First step is to authenticate your account. An automated e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address provided. You must authenticate to gain access.
- New users cannot be added to existing projects until they have logged into REDCap at least once.
- Users will not be able to see projects until they have been added to a project by the projetc's owner/admin.
If you are an established REDCap user, follow these steps to access REDCap:
- Open Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Connect to vpn.som.umaryland.edu
- Select group "SOM-Redcap" and enter credentials
- Click Accept
- Click the UMB REDCap URL: https://redcap-secure.igs.umaryland.edu/