Occupational / Environmental Health Clinic
The University of Maryland's Occupational Health Clinic, a member of the Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics (AOEC), provides a comprehensive array of services for the injured or exposed worker. It is located in the University Faculty Practice Office at 419 W. Redwood Street.
Our Board-Certified Physicians and Nurses provide:
- Post Exposure Evaluation (Occupational/Environmental)
- Medical Surveillance Program Design and Services
- Screening for Heavy Metals and Other Toxic Exposures (Lead, Mercury, Arsenic, etc.)
- Reproductive Hazard Assessment
- Periodic Health Assessments
- Pre-placement Examinations
- Workplace Investigations
- Worker Education
- Outreach and Public Health Interventions
- OSHA-Mandated Audiometric Examination
- OSHA-Mandated Respiratory Clearance
- Department of Labor Black Lung clinical evaluations
- Evaluation for Chronic Beryllium Disease
- Evaluation for occupational lung diseases, including asbestosis, occupational asthma, reactive airways dysfunction syndrome, silicosis, Black Lung, bronchiolitis obliterans, and hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
On-Site Services Include:
- Laboratory Services
- Respirator Fit-Testing
Appointments can be made for any of our Occupational Health Services by calling (410) 706-7464.
All patients must have a physician referral prior to being seen by our physicians in the Occupational Health Clinic.