Skip to main content

Scholar Fellow Title Change Process

If a Research Fellow is awarded a terminal degree, their title must change from Research Felllow to Post-Doctoral Fellow on the date the degree was awarded. For those Post-Doctoral Fellows that are paid through the University, their salary must reflect at least the NIH NRSA level for a post-doc fellow with 0 years of experience.

The following template letter should be utilized when a terminal degree is awarded to an existing UMSOM Research Fellow:

Title Change from Research Fellow to Post-Doctoral Fellow Letter
For Research Fellows who are awarded a terminal degree.