Faculty Administrative Appointments
Process for Concurrent Faculty and Administrative (ADSPEL or ADSPIN) Components for Existing Faculty:
- Use templates to draft:
- Email to OAA (to Lisa Kummer, copy David Ingle) for review before printing for signature:
- Draft (Word format) of the chair’s letter to the Dean
- Draft (Word format) of the letter to a faculty member
- Salary Sheet (not complete if any red fields)
- State in the email whether or not any portion of the administrative increase is being funded by MSP External/PA (if so, indicate the amount)
- Please note that each administrative appointment must be paid fully by the PA or the University and not split between the two.
- State in the email whether or not there is anything else that is pending for this faculty member (retention increase, promotion, etc)
- State in the email if the faculty member already has an administrative component(s) and whether or not they will cease or remain.
- OAA reviews the request against current salary records and contacts the Department with a request for edits or the okay to have the Chair Letter to the Dean signed
- Email to OAA (to Lisa Kummer, copy David Ingle):
- Revised and/or signed chair’s letter to the Dean
- Draft letter (revised if requested) to the faculty member
- Salary sheet (revised if requested)
- OAA submits the request for Dean approval once revisions have been finalized
- OAA emails the signed approval to the Department
- Department finalizes faculty member letter with Chair’s signature and presents to the faculty member who signs an acceptance
- If applicable, department completes ePAF reflecting change (ADSPEL or ADSPIN, as appropriate), attaching:
- Dean’s approval
- signed/accepted letter to a faculty member
- salary sheet (not complete if any red fields)
Process for Concurrent Faculty and Administrative (ADSPEL or ADSPIN) Components for New Faculty:
- Follow instructions above, but email drafts to OAA with the offer letter
- Insert this language in the Offer Letter with Administrative Role:
Should you accept this position, I will also appoint you as ____. This administrative role is considered separate from your faculty appointment and therefore, you are receiving a separate letter (attached), requiring a separate acceptance on your part and delineating the specific conditions and additional compensation associated with that role.
Process for stepping down from an existing Concurrent Faculty and Administrative role:
- Use the Stepping Down Template Letter to initiate or confirm stepping down.
- Send a copy of the letter and updated salary sheet to OAA
What is the difference between ADSPIN and ADSPEL?
ADSPIN means the Faculty member has an administrative appointment/component to their salary that is NOT eligible for future merits and COLAs.
ADSPEL means the Faculty member has an administrative appointment/component to their salary this IS eligible for future merits and COLAs.