All systems normal.
2018/07/12 - Action Required: All Laptop Users
If you have a Department of Medicine or EPI laptop(s) the following must be done:
- You MUST bring your laptop(s) in to work and connect it to the network using a network cable or connect to VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) from off-campus at least once every 30 days.
- This step is crucial to ensure your laptop does not become disabled/disconnected from the domain
- Connecting also ensures all security and recovery information is up-to-date
- You MUST ensure your laptop is connected to the internet at least once a week for a few hours.
Note: If you have a laptop that is no longer used, it MUST be brought in for proper disposal per UMB Policy.
If you're having trouble, enter a ticket.
2018/05/23 - UMB/SOM Unified Directory Project about to begin
Attention all users with a UMID only:
The project below is about to begin, expect to receive an e-mail from the School of Medicine in the coming weeks to unify/synchronize your SOM account with your UMID. Simply follow the steps in the e-mail.
For several years, UMB Center for Information Technology Services' (CITS) and SOM Information Services' (SOMIS) technicians have been working on a project that will result in a significant change to the log on process for many of the university applications and several SOMIS hosted applications and services. This project, called the Unified Directory project, will result in the implementation of a common username and password (common ID) that will be used across the SOM and UMB.
One of the key remaining steps in this common ID initiative involves connecting and syncing the SOM and UMB (UMID) directories. Once the unification is complete, a single username and password will be used to access over 150 UMB applications, SOM's CICERO modules, SOMFiles (storage), user workstations, and Office 365 applications, including email. This will be a momentous achievement!
In the coming weeks, you will receive a personalized email inviting you to activate your UMID and SOM ID for unification. This email invitation will provide instructions, including a URL, on how to proceed. Once complete, you will use your common ID and password to login onto your SOM workstation as well as the UMB and SOM enabled applications.
Thanks for your cooperation during this transition,
SOM Office of Information Services
2018/03/20 - Important Information: Adobe Acrobat
Attention all Adobe Acrobat users: (Adobe Reader, the free program that allows you to view pdf’s and complete forms is not affected.)
Our licensed version of Adobe Acrobat is no longer supported, has critical vulnerabilities and must be removed from all computers. Foxit PhamtomPDF Business, has been selected to replace Adobe Acrobat and will be available to all users starting on 3/20 in the Application Launcher/ZENworks. A pilot of Foxit PhantomPDF Business was very successful and feedback has been positive. I believe the product will meet the needs of the majority based on the pilot where it was tested with grants.gov, Office 2016 and COEUS. The following links will help you get started with the product.
- A link to the user manual can be found here. http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/manual/phantom/en_us/FoxitPhantomPDF9.0.1_Manual.pdf
- A link to the instructional videos can be found here https://www.foxitsoftware.com/support/tutorial/
- Choose the “Help" tab within the product for more assistance
Starting 4/22 Adobe Acrobat will be removed from all computers.
If you have any questions or concerns please speak with your administrator and/or enter a ticket.
To view archived headlines, click here.