2022/12/01 - Microsoft Edge Windows Browser Recommendation
As you probably know, Microsoft Edge is the web browser that replaced Internet Explorer. It works seamlessly in our environment and is the web browser that we are now recommending for work purposes.
- All of our managed computers and remote desktops will automatically log you into Microsoft Edge with your Microsoft 365 account.
- Favorites and most settings will follow you wherever you log in.
- “Managed Favorites” is a new feature we manage for sites commonly used at work. It will show up in the Edge favorites.
While you can still use other browsers, Microsoft Edge is our recommendation and is fully supported.
2022/01/20 - Reminder: Leave your computer on every night
It is critical and mandatory to leave all UMB owned/Work purchased computers (Mac and Windows) powered on and connected to the internet at night for security/patching. When you are done for the day, please restart your computer.
The following events are scheduled late at night to minimize disruption and to adhere to campus security policies:
- virus/malware scans to detect and remove malicious software
- installation of critical security patches
- important software upgrades
- inventory scans to ensure an accurate listing of hardware and software
- scans to detect sensitive data stored locally on the computer
Your cooperation is needed to help protect us from constant threats and to ensure your computer is running It’s best.
To view archived headlines, click here.