Office of Research Career Development (RCD)
Open Office Hours!
Click Office Hours for dates and times
The Office of Research Career Development (RCD) supports the research and professional development of SOM faculty, a diverse and accomplished group of physicians and scientists. Support for SOM faculty is available throughout their career progression, with an emphasis on supporting early stage faculty.
Towards this goal, we provide courses, workshops, seminars, programs and resources to develop skills in effective grant writing, scientific communication, and scientific leadership.
In addition, we offer one-on-one consultations in areas that are critical to academic research, including:
- Identifying sources of funding
- Developing a fundable research question/early project conception
- Identifying a mentor
- Preparing a grant application
- Addressing summary statements and revising grant applications for resubmission
Below is an example of how the Research Career Development Program can work with you through the various stages of your career:
Location and Directions
Office for Research Career Development
685 W. Baltimore Street
MSTF Building, Room 319
Baltimore, MD 21201-1559
Telephone: (410) 706-5434 (general inquires only)
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Directions to MSTF, Room 319
Since the MSTF building does not have an entrance from the outside, please enter through 685 W. Baltimore Street (HSFI building).
- Take elevators to the 5th floor (HSFI Building)
- Cross the bridge next to the elevators which will take you to the 3rd floor of the MSTF building
- Continue straight down hallway
- Room 319 is halfway down the hall on your left